Man dies playing Wii Fit

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Man dies playing Wii Fit

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 31, '09, 6:18 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511500,00.html

Sad story. I don't think the "game", if you can call it that, or Nintendo could be sued for something like this, though.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Mar 31, '09, 6:21 pm

Sad yes, most definitely. Condolences to the family. And let the lawsuits commence. :roll:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lemina » Tue Mar 31, '09, 7:39 pm

Woah. Even though I'm studying to be in the health field, I have never heard of SADS. I guess it was something that couldn't be prevented. That is rather tragic.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Srijita » Tue Mar 31, '09, 8:46 pm

Lemina wrote:Woah. Even though I'm studying to be in the health field, I have never heard of SADS. I guess it was something that couldn't be prevented. That is rather tragic.

Coincidentally, sudden cardiac death is my specialty. In young people, it is often caused by a disorder of the heart muscle or its electrical system, or anomalous origin of the coronary arteries. With timely diagnosis and appropriate treatment, a significant proportion of these tragic deaths might be avoided.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Thoul » Tue Mar 31, '09, 11:25 pm

This is tragic, though certainly not Nintendo's fault. From the sound of it, it could have happened at any time. I won't be surprised if Wii games start coming with yet another medical warning in the future, though. :(
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby LordShibas » Wed Apr 1, '09, 12:38 am

He died playing Wii fit? Pure coincidence I say. He could have died playing Pokemon all the same.

Man, that's how I wanna go. Clutching a game controller.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Return to In the News