Favorite Scenes

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Favorite Scenes

Postby Thoul » Sat Jul 25, '09, 3:14 pm

There are a lot of memorable scenes in the Phantasy Star games. Character introductions, departures, endings, beginnings... what events in the games stand out as your favorite scenes?

Some parts that I always remember are Alis meeting Myau for the first time (especially in Generation 1, where the new cutscenes really shined), Lyle confessing everything he'd done to Rhys in PSIII, and the bits just before and after the Zema boss battle in PSIV. It's rare to see characters taking some "down time" as they did there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Favorite Scenes

Postby Lemina » Mon Jul 27, '09, 6:11 pm

In Phantasy Star II---When Darum killed Tiem and then found out who she really was. I just loved that scene because of the utter irony. XD

Any scene where Alys harasses Hahn. ^_^

There are more scenes that I really liked, but I don't remember them right now.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Darkil » Mon Jul 27, '09, 7:06 pm

Any scene involving Alys or Rune / Alys & Rune are pretty much my favorite
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Jul 28, '09, 1:30 am

I always liked the scene of the small shuttle Demi gives the party crashing into Dezolis. Because Rika's excited, Chaz is flipping out, and Wren with his line about Chaz's blood pressure...gold.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Tue Jul 28, '09, 8:26 am

Basically any scene involving Lashiec because he is such a *. Also I really liked the scene where the party first met cheerful little Rika and because she's my favourite overall PS character any scene with Rika is a good scene as well IMO. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby H-Man » Tue Aug 3, '10, 6:14 pm

My favorite scene is when Rika finally musters up the courage to stay with Chaz. I hate unresolved romantic subplots (or hint-dropping that isn't followed up on), so I was more than happy to see her jump out of the jet and into Chaz's arms.
Last edited by H-Man on Tue Aug 3, '10, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Thoul » Tue Aug 3, '10, 7:41 pm

It was nice to see something actually resolved, wasn't it? There were so many angles of the story that we didn't get to see. Rika and Chaz getting together onscreen was a nice change from that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Solar » Tue Aug 3, '10, 8:37 pm

In Phantasy Star 1: Meeting Lassic. You've made it so far, you open that door and find the one that you've been intending to kill since the beginning of your quest, then he asks: "Do you wish to kill an old man?"
Phantasy Star 2: The ending. JUST when the Death Place music starts and for a second you're expecting yet another boss, you get a slideshow of all the characters saying epic quotes.
Phantasy Star 4: Alys's death just because I love tragic scenes.
Last edited by Solar on Tue Aug 3, '10, 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Aug 4, '10, 3:09 pm

Any scene involving Alys, because she's bound to say something witty or make some sarcastic comment, and her harassment of Hahn. :D But my overall favourite scene in the game... well, it's obvious.

Her Last Breath.... probably the most powerful scene in the entire series. :( :cry:

Ps2: Hmm.... Darum and Teim. I never finished the game yet ( I'm only by the Yellow Dam now)
but I think the ending scene is probably most veterans favourite.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Aug 4, '10, 3:37 pm

Phantasy Star 2, when Lutz awakens and tells Rolf who he is. The whole scene has always been very emblematic to me.

There is a reason for the username I religiously carried for these last 15+ years.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Next

Return to Classic Series