Dragon Spirit

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Dragon Spirit

Postby MrKite » Tue Aug 21, '12, 6:36 am

A little gem from Namco. I have the arcade version of this game on Namco Museum 50th Anniversary for the Gamecube, and I also have it for the NES and TurboGrafx-16. It is AWESOME. Such a fun fantasy-themed vertically scrolling shooter as well as a very hard one.

Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Dragon Spirit

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 21, '12, 10:36 am

A very interesting looking game. I've never played it before but I wouldn't mind giving this one a try. Some of those levels and monsters look quite challenging. It looks like fun!! Thanks for sharing MrKite.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Aug 21, '12, 2:37 pm

I love Dragon Spirit! It was one of the first games I got on the NES as a kid, and I still haven't beaten it. I picked it back up a couple years ago, and made an effort at it, but I never quite beat it. I definitely think it's one of the more unique shooters out there, in terms of atmosphere, and the music is fantastic.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Tue Aug 21, '12, 9:44 pm

I love it too ! I've just tested it a few minutes but a very good game :) Sure, the music is really excellent !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Tue Aug 21, '12, 10:35 pm

I don't recall ever hearing of this one before. I bet it was a real breath of fresh air back in the day, when shooters like this were mostly war or sci-fi games. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the GameCube version. I'd like to try it sometime. It looks really good.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Thu Aug 23, '12, 3:12 am

Thoul wrote:I don't recall ever hearing of this one before. I bet it was a real breath of fresh air back in the day, when shooters like this were mostly war or sci-fi games. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the GameCube version. I'd like to try it sometime. It looks really good.

The TurboGrafx-16 version is on the Wii Virtual Console.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 23, '12, 9:47 am

Oh? Hmm. I wonder if I still have some Wii Points on my console. I haven't had it out for quite a while now. I may have to check into that. Thanks for the tip. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Mon Aug 27, '12, 4:19 pm

Wii points ? What's that ? ..lol I haven't play the WII for a very very long time indeed...:(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby MrKite » Mon Aug 27, '12, 11:22 pm

Thoul wrote:Oh? Hmm. I wonder if I still have some Wii Points on my console. I haven't had it out for quite a while now. I may have to check into that. Thanks for the tip. :)

Anytime! :D

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Sep 25, '12, 1:26 am

My brother has Namco Museum Essentials for PS3 and I'm pretty sure this game is on it. If so, I'll definitely give it a try.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Return to Retro Roundup