Pac Man and "Megaman" will be in Street Fighter x Tekken

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Pac Man and "Megaman" will be in Street Fighter x Tekken

Postby MrKite » Fri Jan 27, '12, 3:31 am

If you are wondering why I put Megaman in quotes, this is why (prepare to cringe):

It's like Capcom KNEW how heartbroken so many people were that Megaman Legends 3 got cancelled and Megaman was not featured in MVC3 or UMVC3, and they were like "Alright, you can have your precious little Megaman, ya bozos!, but it's going to cost ya, morans! So he's gonna be the MM1 boxart Megaman and he's gonna be all big and fat! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Okay, you know what?!? I AM definitely buying SFxT now (used of course) just so I can beat the heck out of that fatso (BBA Megaman).

PS:Don't ask me why I spelled moron wrong in the quote, because you probably don't get the joke if you don't know why.
Last edited by MrKite on Fri Jan 27, '12, 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Pac Man and "Megaman" will be in Street Fighter x Tekken

Postby Thoul » Fri Jan 27, '12, 4:40 am

They're seriously going with that? Wow. Next thing you know, they'll be using the design to make a new Mega Man game.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Jan 27, '12, 4:58 am

I can obviously understand Kuro, Toro, and Cole, but why are Pacman and MM1 box art Megaman (I nicknamed him Mega Chimp) also exclusive to the Sony versions? I guess Capcom pulled a 'Kratos in PS3 MK9' sort of thing, but it's not like Pacman and Megaman couldn't be in the Xbox 360 version.

Still can't figure out why Capcom didn't just use Classic Megaman , I guess they just want to see Megaman fans constantly get upset by trolling them. Think about it, both MM Universe and MM Legends 3 got cancelled, no Megaman in MvC3, X gets reduced to a DLC skin for Zero in UMvC3, a terrible "port" of Megaman X1 was released on iOS, and now this. Gee, and here I was thinking Megaman would have a good 25th anniversary, but maybe I was wrong :worried:

And I can't say I like Pacman's 30th anniversary redesign from Pacman Party either. It's not horrible, but there wasn't anything wrong with his original design. Anyway, at least Mega Chimp and Pacman look like they're a little fun to use.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Fri Jan 27, '12, 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 27, '12, 4:58 am

BBA Mega Man huh? Typical gag character much like Hyena in KOF Maximum Impact 2 :faint: . I’m quite fond of Pac-Man however, interesting that he’s sitting on Mokujin as well for a lot of his fighting stance (Mokujin is the name of the wooden doll)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby MrKite » Fri Jan 27, '12, 5:55 pm

Also, the story line for BBA Megaman in the game is that he is a digger which is most definitely a reference to the Legends story line. So basically, Capcom is making fun of all of us!!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Mar 2, '12, 11:34 pm

Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Thoul » Sat Mar 3, '12, 6:35 pm

Well, that's certainly a different take on Roll. In some ways, it's better than this take on Mega Man seems. But then, she may only have this small amount of time on screen compared to Mega Man's presence in the whole game.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Sun Mar 4, '12, 11:54 am

Strange decision to put these two characters in this game (which will surely be great but not with the Tekken part ^^) but why not ??
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to General Gaming