Weirdo wants to legalize marriage to fictional characters

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Weirdo wants to legalize marriage to fictional characters

Postby MrKite » Sat May 8, '10, 6:38 pm

A friend on Facebook showed me these two links:

http://wakpo.com/articles/neat-stuff/ja ... ina-mikuru

And I also caught the eye of the following quote:

“I am no longer interested in three dimensions. I would even like to become a resident of the two-dimensional world.”

“However, that seems impossible with present-day technology. Therefore, at the very least, would it be possible to legally authorise marriage with a two-dimensional character?”

“For a long time I have only been able to fall in love with two-dimensional people and currently I have someone I really love,” one signatory to the petition wrote.

“Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone. I would like to have legal approval for this system at any cost.”

:blink:

:faint:

Wow....just wow.... It's one thing to like a fictional character, but this is ridiculous! There are female characters that I like, but I'm not an idiot and can understand the difference between reality and fantasy and know that they aren't real. I mean I think people like Alys and Shir are hot, but like I said, I'm not an idiot, and I can distinguish the difference between fantasy and reality, and I know they aren't real, and I'll never be with them no matter what. Besides, I'd rather have a real girl as my girlfriend anyway (and I think this girl I've been talking to for more than a year is a possible future one too by the way). What kind of whacko does something like this where you try to pass a law that allows you to marry someone who's not even real?
Last edited by MrKite on Sat May 8, '10, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Weirdo wants to legalize marriage to fictional character

Postby Celeith » Sat May 8, '10, 7:11 pm

Um... Wow I don't know what to say.. I'm literally speechless

Also you may wanna get rid of that second link, since images inside it contain nudity real and hentai.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby MrKite » Sat May 8, '10, 7:13 pm

Kaloes wrote:Um... Wow I don't know what to say.. I'm literally speechless

Also you may wanna get rid of that second link, since images inside it contain nudity real and hentai.

Wasn't aware of that. Thanks. Link removed.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Sat May 8, '10, 9:01 pm

What's sad is that this is not the first guy to come up with the idea. Someone's tried to do it before. Some of those guys in Japan take this stuff way too seriously.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Sat May 8, '10, 10:05 pm

Hmmm, then I guess Japan isn't as good as I thought it was if there are more people like that there.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat May 8, '10, 10:11 pm

Just when you think you've heard it all, then you read something like this and realize there are still some wacky ideas out there.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lucas » Sun May 9, '10, 7:12 am

Man people amaze me; didn’t some guy already pull this stunt with an anime girl on a DS game? Its okay to like fictional characters I for one like many female characters (KOS-MOS from Xenosaga for example) but dedicating yourself in a serious relationship to a fictional person that was created with pen and paper is down right abnormal. This guys obviously got problems.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Rick » Sun May 9, '10, 8:02 pm

Well if I remember right, that person got fed up with the * real women pull and it's easier to love something that has no: Drama/problems/baggage/insecurities/infidelities, etc.

He also doesn't have to deal with being entrapped and raising children that aren't his own. Which sadly to say is about 1/4th of children in the world.

Some guys don't want to deal with all the problems it takes with real women and in the end half of the time the effort was wasted and useless.

This way the guy doesn't deal with those problems and vanishes from the gene pool.

I'm not advocating him but he does have some problems.

I'm not agreeing with his stance but real women sometimes require too much effort and the payoff isn't worth it.

Still, I'd choose IRL over fiction anyday.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon May 10, '10, 5:21 am

I agree with Rick on this one. I'm not blaming all woman for being like that, but there are quite a few. Heck, at least half the girls I know are somewhat like this. I know as well that guys are to blame as well. And as with Rick, I'd prefer a real girl over a fictitious one anyday. (Besides, if you can find someone who's into it, there's always cosplay. >.>)

And Lucas, THIS is what you are referring to.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Casual Conversation