When do you take on the Guild missions?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

When do you take on the Guild missions?

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 19, '08, 4:37 am

When playing PSIV, when do you prefer to do the Hunter's Guild missions? Some are available pretty early on and some only at later points. Do you take them as they become available, wait a while, or save them all for the end?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Jan 19, '08, 5:05 am

I like to accept them early, then decide to actually do them later. Like the sandworm, I got it as soon as I could, but found Demi before doing it.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jan 19, '08, 5:09 am

The first four I do as soon as I can. I ALWAYS do the sandworm before getting Demi, as I find it a nice way to get a couple of levels to ensure I can easily beat Juza and get Demi. I do the ones that then become available, and after Zio is beaten, I go take on the slug...yet another nice slew of levels before proceeding. Then I just do the last four when I come back to Motavia, especially the Silver Soldier. If you don't do that quest...well, Wren isn't so great for the last part of the game because you didn't get his best weapon and skill.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jan 19, '08, 8:22 am

I do the first two missions early on, but I put off on completing the others until late into the game when all the remaining quests are available.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Jan 19, '08, 12:54 pm

I usually do them when they are available. Sometimes I wait a little with the sandworm though if it turns out to be hard and level a bit to be stronger, but I generally do it before moving on to get the experience and the money so I am fully prepared to face Zio.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 21, '08, 6:25 pm

I also like to do the missions as they become available. I did have to wait on the sandworm quest my first couple of playthroughs and do some leveling up. Otherwise, I always go back to Motavia after each major story event to see if a new quest is available.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Fogeltje » Mon Jan 21, '08, 8:18 pm

Me too actually. The first couple of times I tried the Sandworm I always died after a long fight. A few levels remedied that. The first time I played I also ran back to the guild after finishing a section of the story to see if there was a new mission available. Ah the memories.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Dorrinal » Tue Jan 22, '08, 5:12 pm

As soon as possible. The rewards are no good to you later in the game.
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Re: When do you take on the Guild missions?

Postby H-Man » Mon Oct 4, '10, 1:06 pm

I think I waited until my party was full to do the first missions. The others I did after as soon as I returned to Motavia, especially since the the first time I tried to do the Silver Soldier mission, I was too late to do it.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Re: When do you take on the Guild missions?

Postby Wanderer From Ys » Mon Dec 26, '11, 1:35 am

I do the Sandworm as soon it's available, since 5000 gold is big at that point, other than that, the Silver Soldier is the only one that I feel is worth doing. It gives you Wrens best equipment, and you get good exp from Vahal fort.
Wanderer From Ys
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 18

Return to Phantasy Star IV