Odin

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

Re: Odin

Postby Fogeltje » Thu Jun 28, '07, 8:30 am

There's no real choice, the Heat Gun does more damage so it's always more useless. More interesting would be the question what's more appropiate for Odin in the beginning, a Sword (Iron/Titanium/Ceramic) or a Needle Gun. In that case I'd say, it depends. While walking around the start area, a sword might be better, but you could definitely think about a Needlegun if you go towards Gothic since often Odin won't even do the five damage with the sword at lower levels.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Thu Jun 28, '07, 6:29 pm

I never liked the Needle Guns in any of the games. The name is just unimpressive, so I figured the effect would be, too. I mean, shooting a needle? Ooo, that sounds like it will do a lot of damage, yeah. :eyebrow:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Jun 29, '07, 12:00 am

That confirms my suspicions. Needle Gun is going the way of the dodo in my patch!

Neithird, I agree. Needles??? It sounds like an old spinster decided to join in on a battle. :dizzy:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Neithird » Mon Jul 2, '07, 7:25 pm

Yeah, exactly! :lol: What a silly name for a weapon.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby jessie » Mon Mar 5, '12, 1:20 am

The needle gun, in my experience is only good at low levels against several swarms. when 5 + are down to 3 each Alis and everyone else can kill one. Odin with the needle gun can kill any that are left. But I agree a useless weapon.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Mon Mar 5, '12, 3:55 pm

Even versus the sworms/Monsterfly(ies), it isn't really effective ! The needle gun was always a very bad weapon for me and listen to the sound when Odin is using it ! Truly awful...always reminds me of..No I'll not telll it here, don't wanna be censored lol ^^

And I found that this topic is very interesting because the fact that Odin "wasn't" really the man Nero was describing us to Alisa at the begonning of the game always makes me wonder why..not really the stronger, even Alisa who is only 15 years old is stronger and "healthier" ! Even Noah/Lutz...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wanderer From Ys » Mon Mar 5, '12, 9:19 pm

myau56 wrote:And I found that this topic is very interesting because the fact that Odin "wasn't" really the man Nero was describing us to Alisa at the begonning of the game always makes me wonder why..not really the stronger, even Alisa who is only 15 years old is stronger and "healthier" ! Even Noah/Lutz...

Has anyone else realized that Odin's reputation was probably because of Myau? I mean he has a cat that is a formidable fighter, can sense traps, throw up walls heal him when he gets injured, and escape the dungeon when he gets overwhelmed. To people it appears that Odin has the strength of 10 men, because is the human, and he gets the credit, but it's really Myau that is the fighter of legendary strength. After all which one of them was defeated my Medusa, and which one escaped?
Wanderer From Ys
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 18

Postby Thoul » Mon Mar 5, '12, 10:31 pm

I think it was more the two of them working together as a team, but I agree about Odin getting all the credit just for being human. Myau was underrated because everyone looked at him and just saw a cat. I can only imagine how they would have reacted if Myau started talking in the middle of town. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby jessie » Tue Mar 6, '12, 12:23 am

He really wasn't as strong as the claim that was made. He was never going to get that ax without help.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Postby Fogeltje » Tue Mar 13, '12, 8:40 am

In the Hordes of Nei patch Odin is boosted significantly. He finally is the powerhouse he is supposed to be, with hefty boosts in stats and health. He is really more like Rudo (whom I named Odin when I first played PSII). The creator claims that using the Laconian Axe now really is an option over using guns (who have been improved slightly although the new Neishot was a bit of a let down, I expected a larger increase in damage seeing that the previous guns had in effect been doubled in damage).
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star