Hardest Fighting Game Bosses?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Hardest Fighting Game Bosses?

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Sep 5, '10, 12:13 am

Pretty self-explanatory.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Re: Hardest Fighting Game Bosses?

Postby Lucas » Sun Sep 5, '10, 12:43 am

Let’s throw Rugal up there from KOF ’94. What a nasty guy he was in that game. I did manage to beat him after about 50+ deaths. Fear his “Genocide Cutter” attack. I also liked how every time you lost to him he’d recover some health just to annoy you a little more.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Sep 5, '10, 1:28 am

Ah yes, I hate Rugal in '94 and '95 :bang:, in fact he's the reason I made this topic :D, I was playing '94 and '95 last night and he just kept PWNING me :grumpy:. God Rugal in Capcom vs SNK 2 can be a pain as well

Rugal is quite fun to play as though
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Sep 5, '10, 4:26 am

I actually found Tabuu in Smash Bros. Brawl pretty difficult. Namely that wave thing and that irritating whip.

Oh and Porky...oh, Porky...granted, I'm already biased against him as Mother/Earthbound fan, but he's just annoying.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Sun Sep 5, '10, 6:54 am

SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote:God Rugal in Capcom vs SNK 2 can be a pain as well

Rugal is quite fun to play as though

Yeah God Rugal’s intro really surprised me in Capcom vs. SNK 2 when he threw Akuma’s corpse away. I was like “what the hell have you done to my Akuma???!!!” Not to mention his voice in that game was like so evil when he became God Rugal, he sounded like a true monster.
Rugal is definitely a fighter not to screw with.

Here’s a video of God Rugal:

It is cool how Akuma’s spirit manages to take possession of Rugal’s body after you beat him though. :wink:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Lucas » Tue Sep 7, '10, 5:31 am

Just a few more honourable mentions:

Onslaught (Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes)
Both his standard form and his massive final form were quite the challenge. He would often fill the screen with beams and balls of energy that would home in on your fighters and he would charge himself at you so you couldn’t keep your distance for too long. Definitely a great boss for the first MVC game.

Standard Form

Final Form

Neo Dio (From World Heroes series and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum)
One of my top favourite aliens and video game bosses of all time. He was probably at his hardest when SNK brought him back from NeoGeo Battle Coliseum; especially with that move that freezes your character and allows him to take a nasty cheap shot. Also the fact that his health bar refills to the red section made the battle with him quite long. Yeah he was cheap.

Night Terror (SoulCalibur 3)
Another cheap but highly intimidating boss. Basically you had to keep your distance when you fought him. He was also the only character in the game that you couldn’t get a “Ring Out” with because he had wings, and would fly back in. That laser beam he does also clears over half your health bar, the block damage you take from him is also insane. It took me a long time before I actually beat Night Terror.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Sep 15, '10, 4:25 pm

You don't have to go very far to find the most infuriating boss in the universe.

Just try and beat the SNES version of Street Fighter 2 on the hardest level of difficulty.

M.Bison WILL make you want to throw your controller at the TV.

Plus: he's awesome.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Sep 19, '10, 5:22 am

I've been doing research and apparently, many bosses suffer from something known as the "SNK Boss Syndrome". It's where a boss has unfair advantages against you, such as an attack doing WAY too much damage (Genocide Cutter comes to mind). Despite it's name, it doesn't apply to just SNK bosses.

Personally, I think everyone in Art of Fighting 2 has it, and I don't care if anyone tells me otherwise, it's one of the hardest fighting games I've ever played >.<
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby MrKite » Tue Sep 21, '10, 5:28 pm

In Final Fight, Abigail used to be one of the hardest bosses I ever fought when I was younger! I think I was able to beat him easier once I got older.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Lucas » Sat Sep 25, '10, 11:09 am

Aeroprism wrote:You don't have to go very far to find the most infuriating boss in the universe.

Just try and beat the SNES version of Street Fighter 2 on the hardest level of difficulty.

M.Bison WILL make you want to throw your controller at the TV.

Plus: he's awesome.

Agreed, he was also a pretty hard boss in the Alpha games too.

As for Akuma; I personally think him as Shin Akuma in Street Fighter Alpha 3 was the hardest fight I’ve ever been in with him. He was kind of hard in CVS2 but God Rugal was much, much tougher as already said.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Next

Return to General Gaming