Gamestop made me Lol

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Gamestop made me Lol

Postby Celeith » Fri Jan 16, '09, 5:56 pm

The other day I was heading home from work, but I decided to stop by gamestop since it was about 30 feet from where I was at anyways. On my way in I looked at a game on the wall, not thinking of anything I picked up Children of Mana for the DS. Not wanting to buy I noticed something strange about the box. It was the japanese version of the game, looking to my left I noticed the english version beside it and picked it up just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

I took the two versions of the game and placed them on the counter. The woman asked me why I was buying two versions of the same game, then I replied to her, I'm not buying the game. She looked at me like I was stupid and turned around to do some stuff behind the counter. I spoke up, asking her if she would answer a question.. She said sure. I asked, since when do you start importing games? And she replied, we don't import games, nor do we take anything other then games made in america. I showed her the two boxes, she didn't see any major difference other then the picture on it.

I opened the boxes, taking out the booklets in both of them, showing her the english one first. She said she could read it. I opened the japanese version booklet to the same page, and she couldn't believe her eyes. She couldn't read it. (Nub gamestop clerk lol) Anyways, she tried to grab the game from me, probably trying to hide it or something so she wouldn't get in trouble, but I was to fast. I snatched it and held it in my hands. Walking around the store I looked for a few more games, and I found three more games that were Japanese.

I actually found a copy of Phantasy Star II Generations (Which I already have), Breath of Fire III JPSP version (Which I bought off Ebay and got the English version of it yesterday Yay ^_^), and Tales of Rebirth (Which I have also). Anyways, I picked up all of them and just let out a laugh. It was so funny at the time cause you never expect to see something like that in a typical gamestop. Well anyways, the lady at the counter actually called her manager to the front and they wanted to talk to me.

Funny thing is, gamestops aren't allowed to carry games from other countries, but this little mishap coulda caused them some serious problems if I woulda said something, but I decided to keep my mouth shut. This is the one and probably only time where a gamestop made me "Lol".
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Darkil » Fri Jan 16, '09, 7:57 pm

Good for you Kaoles. My best friend is a manager at Gamestop and I know he wouldn't let his staff or his store accept that, regardless of how tempted they might be. I'm glad you didn't say anything though because I'd be afraid that the reprecussions that would occur there would trickle over the company. Anyway BIG KUDOS to you for pointing out how dumb most of those employees that work at that store are. Shame you didn't buy them though, you could've sold it on ebay :)
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Sat Jan 17, '09, 12:15 pm

LOL awesome you showed them :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jan 17, '09, 3:52 pm

Ha ha, that's awesome, Kaloes! You have to wonder how they got the Japanese versions of those games, though... :? Shipping error? Or something else...?
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lemina » Sat Jan 17, '09, 9:22 pm

:misspeak: You should've kept quiet about that! It would have been a great way to snag some imports.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Schala Zeal » Sun Jan 18, '09, 4:24 pm

I wish the GameStops around me sold imported games. ._. No shipping costs!
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Return to General Gaming