Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: NYC to gas geese
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, '09, 9:14 pm 
http://wcbstv.com/local/bird.strike.pre ... 41000.html

I know the birds are a problem for airplanes, etc., but I think this is a cruel and inhumane way to solve the problem. Instead of killing these birds, why can't they find another solution. PETA should be furious about this, imho.

Post subject: Re: NYC to gas geese
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, '09, 9:58 pm 
Yeah, this rubs me the wrong way. :grumpy: For a lot of reasons...it rubs me the wrong way. :fiery: Once again, if the only solution is cutting down the goose population...why gas?! Don't these birds have a right to live too? I bet far more geese (and other birds) get killed by airplanes than the other way around.

PETA, yet again, you seem to not care about a case of REAL animal cruelty... well done.

:clap: <--sarcastic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, '09, 6:08 pm 
Since they're going to the trouble of trapping them, it seems like they could at least try to relocate them as well. I suppose that must be too much work or expense for someone. :roll:

It seems like a better plan would be to make aircraft that are more durable. You'd think something as big as a plane would be able to stand up to a little bird.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, '09, 6:19 pm 
What a waste of good meat. They could've put the birds to good use as food to be served at NYC's homeless shelters.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, '09, 6:49 pm 
Yeah, but then someone would get sick, blame the wild birds for having some kind of disease or such, and sue the city because they provided the meat. I agree that it's a total waste, but I can see why they aren't serving the meat to anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, '09, 8:46 am 
Caged Wolf wrote:Yeah, this rubs me the wrong way. :grumpy: For a lot of reasons...it rubs me the wrong way. :fiery: Once again, if the only solution is cutting down the goose population...why gas?! Don't these birds have a right to live too? I bet far more geese (and other birds) get killed by airplanes than the other way around.

PETA, yet again, you seem to not care about a case of REAL animal cruelty... well done.

:clap: <--sarcastic

I agree. This is really upsetting. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, '09, 11:27 pm 
Caged Wolf wrote:PETA, yet again, you seem to not care about a case of REAL animal cruelty... well done. :clap: <--sarcastic

Although I don't live in the USA, I'm curious to know what to make of the claims on this site: http://www.petakillsanimals.com/. I might have taken it all with a pinch of salt, but this article in Newsweek seems consistent with the allegations. However, with only two sources, I'm in no position to develop an informed opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, '09, 3:18 am 
Honestly, I would believe it. The only time anyone ever hears of PETA is when they're wasting money or time on high profile people. Like celebrities that are wearing fur.

Any time animals are being killed as part of "population control," they are nowhere to be found. I read yet another story like that today, in which police sharpshooters were being called in to kill deer because a park was overrun with the animals.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, '09, 1:33 pm 
Poor Geese :x
It's really sad how very few people will stick up for the animals. And those who claim too (Not gonna mention any names...Atep) don't do a thing to help them. If you are going to trap them anyway, just relocate them or do something with them. I mean, there is a chance they would come back, but there is also the chance that they won't right?

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]