Numan Revolution - Full review

Discover the secret of Mother Brain's technological advanced world.

Re: Numan Revolution - Full review

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Dec 15, '14, 1:07 pm

Method 1 - Use game genie codes to max everyone out. This is messy and it bugs this mod.

Method 2 - First floor of Menobe where everything is squishy, set emulator frame skip mode to 4, laugh.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Tanith » Mon Dec 15, '14, 4:13 pm

Aeroprism wrote:Method 2 - First floor of Menobe where everything is squishy, set emulator frame skip mode to 4, laugh.
Ha, that's where I normally grind until I get to Noah. Right now I'm grinding in Skure because I'd rather Rolf stay dead for a while. Can't talk to anyone on Dezo without Rolf, so I just do circles around Skure's landing pad and heal in Paseo when needed. I keep the frame skip on 3 most of the time, too. My keyboard doesn't have a responsive enough touch to handle higher skips. Either that, or I'm really lacking a fine keyboarding touch. Probably the latter. ;)
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Dec 15, '14, 5:01 pm

Hey don't worry, I said 4 because it's manageable, I usually grind on frame skip 8 because I'm a twitchy robot ;-)
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Zio_Falz » Thu Dec 18, '14, 1:01 am

Tanith wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
...but c'mon! Does every character have to have ties to another PS character?

you know if you look at the compendium, and even before that, just by looking at Chaz and his outfit or uniform whatever, in the black and white drawings he looks an awful lot like… What is that guys name? Oh yes, he looks like Rolf. Rolf with blonde hair and instead of a blue uniform, it is red. And in the compendium also, the facial features are quite similar as well.

Are they related? While it does make sense that a descendent of the Landale bloodline would be the person most likely chosen as the candidate to defeat the darkness, we really have no basis to make any firm answer; only speculation, and fanfiction, and tangential thought patterns. just like we do not know for sure if Chaz is wielding what was once the Neisword, or just some other sword.

to our knowledge, Rolf at least made it to the age of 20 or 21 without having children. Or did he?
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Postby Aeroprism » Thu Dec 18, '14, 2:16 am

Considering that PS people have kids every 20 years, there is a 50 generation gap between Rolf and Chaz.

Talking about pure bloodline after this long is rather ludicrous.

But then there is Alis -> Rolf.

To be fair, unless Alis's line was cloistered for 1000 years, if every family had 2 children, arguably, every single person on Palm is a descendant of Alis by Rolf's time.

I cannot believe I got into one of those discussions. Tanith dearest, slap me please. Hard.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby myau56 » Tue Mar 7, '17, 12:38 pm

Ah I've read some of the posts concerning this mod, PSII Numan Revolution and as I've never tried it... I'm going to downlaod it and try it as soon as possible ! :) Done ! and now I'll try it as soon as I can ! Seems to be a great mod indeed ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Scootaloo » Fri Jul 7, '17, 3:37 pm

I downloaded this hack today from EmuParadise, and I'm pretty impressed with it. I've gotten the small key and letter from the head scoundrel in Shure, now it's time to explore Shure.

I started the game with Rolf, Nei, Rudo, and Shir. I'm definitely gonna keep Shir around, but I've swapped Rudo for Hugh. I'll likely use Rudo a bit later on, but for now, I'm gonna go with this party.

I like the changes made to the equipment, especially how the Ceramic Knives are now a bit weaker and cheaper, and how bars have been renamed to claws.

I don't think the abbreviations were completely needed though, but they're not much of a distraction. I think some plot changes are a little bizarre though (gameplay is the same, script changes are drastic). I also think some of the recolours aren't completely appealling, because some of them look too bright.

Great hack eitherway, and I can't wait to play more of it!!
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 48

Postby myau56 » Sat Jul 8, '17, 1:03 pm

Me too : I've downloaded it some months ago and tried it ! More than that, I ahave advanced it a lot ! As I'm at Roron's entrance now ! :)
Yes, some recolourations are strange, especially on the foes ! :(
But it's a great hack and I'm eager to continue it too ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Scootaloo » Sat Jul 15, '17, 11:32 pm

Aeroprism wrote:Rudo: Still a one trick pony. Guns are better now in this version but a technique-less character in this mode is useless. Rudo used to be a tank. Now you can use other people for that role. Yeah he can use axes, if you like his reliable, heavy damage to become unreliable, almost ok damage.

It is true that his lack of techniques isn't very effecient in this mod, but I still found him to be pretty useful. As for the (laconian) axes, I think they're pretty helpful. They do about 70 damage per hit, so two of them can do atleast 140 damage to a single enemy, which is more than the laconian sword. I'm gonna keep them on him until Mother Brain. I'll switch to the Nei Shot then (I'm currently just about to find Ryuon, then I'll get to the crevice).
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Postby Scootaloo » Wed Oct 3, '18, 9:42 pm

Also, has anyone played the Evil Overload hack? It’s like this, but harder. I played a bit of it during the summer of last year, but never got very far into it. It’s like this hack, but harder, and enemy formations tend to be a lot larger too.

There are also 3 new enemies in the hack - Neithird, Neika, and XeAThoul, all recolours of obvious enemies. It’s also possible for Neifirst to appear as a regular enemy on the four Dezolis dungeons.

Seems like a really cool hack. I’ll give it a try soon.
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star II