Numan Revolution - Full review

Discover the secret of Mother Brain's technological advanced world.

Re: Numan Revolution - Full review

Postby Tanith » Fri Dec 12, '14, 1:39 pm

Aeroprism wrote:The only place where the game validates your roster is when you leave Paris's house so to be safe, you need the code to be enabled before, during and after the house trip.
Okay, the part I bolded? Totally made being wide awake at 5AM worth it. :D

AAAAAH, Gens! I have to use Gens? *eyes bleed* It changes my default display, so that's why I don't use it. *sigh* Oh, all right.
Last edited by Tanith on Fri Dec 12, '14, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Dec 12, '14, 2:00 pm

Zio_Falz: You happen to like them, some people don't. We're all different. My popularity peaked with Death Trance and declined since then. My latest remixes received lukewarm loving at best. Just check my Youtube stats, they don't lie.

As for what happened here, it's the same as everywhere else: people were having a honest discussion about my remixes. Granted, in such a context, there is always 1-2 die hard fans who will defend my stuff no matter what and 1-2 jealous haters who will bash it and refuse to recognize the quality. However, as soon as I joined, most people decided that they suddenly liked my stuff. Most people have a hard time giving honest, constructive criticism when the recipient stops being a name and starts being a person.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Tanith » Fri Dec 12, '14, 2:18 pm

I got the code to work on Gens. Thanks for the help, everyone!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby R-90-2 » Fri Dec 12, '14, 3:36 pm

Parma Ham wrote:
That's true, but as a rule, I question how "honest" peoples' criticisms are even when they don't think the creator is listening. I think people are just as likely to be thoughtless as honest. If you can manage it, it's best to get input from someone you KNOW you can trust. But they are, sadly, hard to come by.

Well, no one can be more harmful to your creative progress than your friends, is my experience.

One thing to note, by the way, is that for all that I might rag on the story, I'm playing PS2 again, which ain't the easiest thing to get me to do. :) After I've finished this one, I'm going to be taking on another PS2 romhack, PS2 Modernization.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Dec 12, '14, 4:20 pm

R-90-2 wrote:Well, no one can be more harmful to your creative progress than your friends, is my experience.

That. x 1000.

You have NO idea how true this has been to me.

PS2 Modernization? Color me interested. What is it?
Last edited by Aeroprism on Fri Dec 12, '14, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby R-90-2 » Fri Dec 12, '14, 5:23 pm

Aeroprism wrote:
PS2 Modernization? Color me interested. What is it?

It's basically another gameplay hack for PS2 that doubles rewards as before and greatly expands the technique roster of the playable characters- the short of it is that if characters had the basic version of a tech, they get all the advanced levels, too. Characters still join in the usual way, but when they arrive at Rolf's house they have state-of-the art equipment for the point in the game where you receive them. It also cleans up some of the text, and fixes a couple of bugs, such as the bizarre stats of the Laconian dagger, and Hugh is now able to use Gires outside of battle.

Haven't done much with it myself, but my guess is that end result looks like it'd be the same as here- Rolf and Rudo stay largely the same, everyone else catches up.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Dec 12, '14, 5:38 pm

Actually, most of my close, not-online friends don't give 2 cents about my remixes.

In French we say: "Nul n'est prophète en son pays" (No one is a prophet in his own country)
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Dec 12, '14, 5:55 pm

Yeah, I am undergoing a deep, drastic re-evaluation of my friendships. Having kids help: most "friends" just disappear.

Also: yeah don't really study religion in Quebec...
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Tanith » Mon Dec 15, '14, 2:33 am

I've made it to Dezo. Tyler's extra lines were pretty neat, except the part about him being Rolf's brother. :roll:

The minor changes to the mogic and magic caps make sense, although I don't seem to have anyone in my party that can equip the bio translator (magic cap), so I have no idea what the musk cats say. I'm pretty tired of trying to figure out who can equip what, and it's worse on Dezo as there's more unique equipment there than Mota. Oh well, I'm almost done with the game. I stopped talking to the native Dezolisians because they, too, talk nonstop about Mother Brain.

Meeting Lutz the first time:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
I will die a happy woman if I never hear another "This is why I chose you, Hero" speech in a role-playing game. I found a couple more PS series references, too. Lutz mentions that "your hunter" has "the blood of Odin" and Nei has the blood of Myau. It's vague enough that it could mean that Rudo and Nei remind Lutz of his former companions rather than being blood related to Odin and Myau, but c'mon! Does every character have to have ties to another PS character?
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Tanith » Mon Dec 15, '14, 7:35 am

Aha! It turns out Nei can equip the bio translator (magic cap) and talk to the musk cats. That's a pretty spiffy idea. Hugh can equip it, too, but it doesn't work. It was better armor than the headgear he had, though, so I'm keeping it on him until he can get to a Dezo shop. Right now I'm in partial grind mode, to get everyone up to comparable levels. You don't need to do what I'm doing; there's plenty of money gained on Dezo that it won't take long to completely upgrade your party. I'm just doing this because I want to max out all the characters on this particular hack for funsies.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star II