Numan and the Beast!

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Numan and the Beast!

Numan and the Beast!

View Gallery Page

Numan and the Beast!

Postby Lucas » Wed Jun 9, '10, 8:34 am

My latest drawing. This is my main character “Autumn Erra” from my Phantasy Star fan-fic Accepting Fate. I got the last name Erra from the numan Karen Erra in Phantasy Star Universe. I designed Autumn to be an athletic kind of girl that rarely sits down and won’t back away from a challenge. But behind all this she has an emotional side that she constantly pushes away but every now and then she does open up to the people she feels comfortable around. Her hair is always a big thing when I draw her, it’s abnormally long compared to most hair lengths. To have butt-length hair must really hurt your neck but because she’s fictional she can get away with it. :lol:

Her main weapon of choice is usually claws following in the tradition of Nei and Rika. But I went with a sword for this particular drawing. I can’t say a sword fits her as well as claws but I feel it suits this particular drawing though. Once again colour-pencils do not exist in my house so it’s black and white (kind of like manga). Hope you guys like it. And poor Mr. Sandworm if only his intentions weren’t to eat everything that moves.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: Numan and the Beast!

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jun 9, '10, 9:23 am

Whoa! Very cool, Lucas. Nicely done, especially on your form and attire!

I love your composition. You have a good grasp on illustrating settings - that takes skill. :)
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Tanith » Wed Jun 9, '10, 9:28 am

All right! More Autumn art! And that's an interesting piece of information about her surname; I never played PSU, so it's nice to know. Great tie-in, too.

Back to the art: Love the piece! I especially think you did a great job on her legs. I know almost nothing about figure drawing, but I immediately noticed her legs seem really well-proportioned and nicely posed, too. As usual, Autumn's spunky personality shines through.

BTW, I don't think I'd make a very good hunter; sandworms look way too oozy for me!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Jun 9, '10, 7:48 pm

Sweet picture Lucas. Though I do have one question so I can help visualize Autumn better. What colours are her clothing? I know her hair is a bright green but I'm not sure of her clothing. I really need to catch up on reading Accepting Fate. (I think I'm on chapter four).

EDIT: Nevermind Lucas, I got what it is now. Just more or less deciding what shade her eyes are of red.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Thu Jun 10, '10, 1:22 am

Haha thanks everyone :D. I have another one of her and Will I might upload soon I actually drew that one before this one. I just never got around to uploading it. -_-'

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Return to Artwork