Batman: Arkham Origins

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Batman: Arkham Origins

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Apr 9, '13, 10:24 pm

A new entry in the Batman Arkham series was announced in GameInformer magazine today. It will be a prequel set a few years before the events of Arkham Asylum, focusing on Batman encountering some foes such as Deathstroke for the first time. The game will use the same engine as the previous titles, but is being developed by WB Montreal (developer of the Wii U port of Arkham City), as opposed to Rocksteady. Arkham Origins will be released on October 25, 2013, along with a 2.5D spinoff for PS Vita and 3DS. Contrary to rumors, the game does NOT have a Silver Age look to it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/09/ba ... handhelds/

I must admit: it is a bit disappointing to see the lack of Paul Dini as the writer, I was interested in seeing a conclusion to some plot points introduced in Arkham City. Plus WB Montreal has some BIG shoes to fill, what with making a sequel to some of the most critically acclaimed games in recent years, if not all time. I'm also a little disappointed that the handheld games won't retain the gameplay of the main Arkham games; I'd rather have a ports of Asylum and City to PS Vita, to be honest. That's not to say I think Arkham Origins will be bad compared to the first two, in fact, I'm really looking forward to having a new game to get my Arkham fix.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Tue Apr 9, '13, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 11, '13, 12:41 am

I'm looking forward to this one with cautious optimism. I'm not sure if WB Montreal can deliver a game of the same level of quality as Rocksteady's titles. Hopefully they will, but we'll see. I do look forward to being able to explore Gotham outside the confines of Arkham. I wonder how many locations from Arkham City will return, versus how much of the game will cover new areas.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to General Gaming