PS1 Fanart - Alis Landale

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

View Gallery Page

Postby Xander » Sat Sep 11, '10, 8:47 pm

I did this one a few days ago but forgot to upload it here, so anyone on DA will have seen it already.

Anyway, yes my first piece of Alis fanart. I still need to work on drawing her, but considering how she changed from my first crappy drawing to this one I'm quite pleased. I plan to do more in the future and hopefully do a lot better next time. Mainly getting arms right for once.
But not before I've gotten my latest full size Rika art to fit all on one page. I can't believe I drew on A3 and still screwed up the scale so a small portion of her legs are off the page! >< I've decided to colour up what I've done and then do it again and get it right. :p

Anyway, comments, critique, etc welcome. :)
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: PS1 Fanart - Alis Landale

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Sep 11, '10, 11:27 pm

Evolution, Xander! Very well done! :up: Only criticism is that her waist almost looks TOO narrow.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Sun Sep 12, '10, 2:35 am

Very well done, Xander! You've provided an excellent look at Alis. The background is a very nice touch also. It reminds of PSI a lot.

As for critique... well, it's bit bright, but that's probably from the transition to digital, I suppose. Her forearms look a little too thin in relation to the upper arms. Maybe that's just a matter of perspective, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Sep 12, '10, 5:59 am

Excellent. I really like all the colors including the background. She looks beautiful.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Sep 12, '10, 6:40 am

Ok Xan, time for my critique:

- Like Thoul said, her forearms are too thin and her hands are tiny. It's out of proportion to the rest of her body.
- She needs more shading on her armour, especially under the chest area, otherwise it looks a bit one-dimensional. Remember, the more shading you add, the more professional your work will look. I know it's just a fan art, but you can still apply the same theory to all sorts of drawings.
- Alisa does appear a bit curvy for her tender years. I doubt a girl of 15 would be so well-endowed by that age. ;)
- Her shoulders are a little to broad, and this has also made her * area appear a little too big.

Hope I wasn't too harsh, but there you go. =)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Sun Sep 12, '10, 9:36 pm

Not at all Lyla. It goes without saying I need to work on my arms a bit more yet. :p I'd thought about trying to add some shading but I just wasn't sure about how much to use or where to put it, though I'm guessing with it being an armoured chestpiece, probably somewhere about halfway down the bottom half. I'll see if I can add that in.

I'd go on but the fact is I need more work. :p I'll maybe try another drawing of her once I get my next couple done.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Lucas » Wed Sep 22, '10, 9:27 am

Great stuff once again Xander. Alis looks awesome

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Return to Artwork