Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nostalgia
PostPosted: Sat Nov 3, '07, 4:14 am 
What games have given you the most nostalgic experiences and why?

One that stands out in my mind is Dragon Quest VIII. I hadn't played any games in this series since #4 on Nintendo, but when I started up this game I really felt like I was playing a 3D version of the Nintendo games. It was just a perfect blending of new technology and the old style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 3, '07, 7:23 pm 
Zelda: Twilight Princess is the most recent one for me. It was very similar to Ocarina of Time and a lot of parts brought back many memories.

And of course, many classic games. Phantasy Star IV and Zelda: Link to the Past always remind me of the great times I've had with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 4, '07, 11:49 pm 
I agree that Twilight Princess is very similar to Ocarina of Time in terms of gameplay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 5, '07, 2:22 am 
Whats nostalgia?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 5, '07, 2:33 pm 
It's a feeling of wanting to return to or relive some past period. Something that brings back fond memories or makes you say "hey, remember when...? those were great times!" gives you a feeling of nostalgia.

lee wrote:I agree that Twilight Princess is very similar to Ocarina of Time in terms of gameplay.

They reused a lot of the music, too! It was kind of eerie to hear Epona's Song when night fell in Twilight Princess. The first time I heard it, I started looking around for the person singing it. :lookaround:

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]