Non video games.

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Non video games.

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jul 26, '07, 1:13 pm

The Komrade wrote:I just have to respond to this; every alarm bell in my mind went off to this one:
Tsunami wrote:Arguing is something I always try to avoid, y'know?
With people that ignore facts yes, but ALWAYS stand by your rational arguments! :yes: Not speaking out is agreement with your adversary!

Heheh, you're right, but as Divine Dragon said, they can be very stubborn. :D I figure that it's pointless to try to say much else when they have their absolute and correct facts and don't believe in the possibility that they just might be wrong.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Jul 27, '07, 12:47 am

You're right, it is pointless. Just remind them what a fact is, and proceed to walk the other direction. :yes: As long as you've stated your brief argument, you've validated your morality and keep a clear conscience. When facing complete irrationality, that's all that's necessary. People that are that far gone can't be convinced of anything. :roll:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 18, '07, 1:17 am

Ah.. Pokemon cards. Now those were some good times. I remember constructing killer decks and challenging all the kids in the neighborhood. Good times... good times. :mrgreen:
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 18, '07, 5:54 am

lol I got pokemon cards forever ago, only a few, and I never touched them. Put them in one of those funny little binders and never took them out. Still have em too. XD lol, I think my best card was Rapidash. XDDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 18, '07, 6:11 am

x3 I always battled with mine. XDDD When Pokemon cards were "outlawed" in school, my freinds and I smuggled our cards into the bathroom and traded there. xDDD It was so cool. xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :rofl: :rofl:
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 18, '07, 6:25 am

lol, outlawing cards? My school outlawed any game that had to do with running, they could care less if all the students sat down and got papercuts instead of bruises. XDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 19, '07, 1:00 am

My school outlawed cards, too. They claimed the cards were interfering with classes or something silly like that. A few of us got together and started a club so we could play card games with official approval before and after classes started. If you can't beat the system, use the loopholes to your advantage. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Mon Nov 19, '07, 1:36 pm

I remember when the cards were banned when I was in 5th grade. I still find it hilarious. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Nov 22, '13, 8:24 pm

Since there was a lot of discussion in this topic regarding Card games, and especially, the Magic The Gathering card game, I thought this might be an indeal place for this topic below. Someone has sold a rare Magic The Gathering card for around $27,000.00 on ebay:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 53412.html
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Sun Nov 24, '13, 10:17 pm

So much money ! :o I've played Magic : the gathering a few times and that was great but I've also played the Lord of the Rings card game, which was great too but a bit complicated ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming