Non video games.

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Non video games.

Postby Atolm » Wed Jul 25, '07, 6:55 am

Divine Dragon wrote:*makes notes* Atolm is either female, homosexual or bisexual.

Thats great! XD

Maybe you will find out eventually.

That sounds like a great campaign! I always wanted to try out a DnD game, I just did not know enough people!
When we started to play Rifts, we would have to do it behind the school gym because many people accused us of Devil Worship. :roll:
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Jul 25, '07, 6:57 am

XD
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Jul 25, '07, 7:08 am

Atolm wrote:
Divine Dragon wrote:*makes notes* Atolm is either female, homosexual or bisexual.

Thats great! XD

Yessss... I had a folder dedicated to my findings on people I met online.. surprisingly... I only ever discovered one person to have lied.. this being the Internet.. .. generally speaking.. you would suspect most would lie.. but webcams are wonderful things.

Atolm wrote:That sounds like a great campaign! I always wanted to try out a DnD game, I just did not know enough people!
When we started to play Rifts, we would have to do it behind the school gym because many people accused us of Devil Worship. :roll:
I stick with Atheism, personally... I also like it to be publicly known..

Satan worshipers... as if to suggest you could only ever worship the Christian evil deity.. :roll: but such is the Christian way of thinking..

I am generalising, obviously..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jul 25, '07, 1:53 pm

I've always loved simple games, like checkers. Used to play with my brother a lot, though I know he has gotten better at it than me. :p I'd also play against classmates at school and always beat everyone. Some kids said that I cheated. :D

And, I guess this will make me sound geeky, and that's okay! But back when I was in the 4th-5th grade and Pokemon were really popular here (all the cool kids collected them :lol:) I did collect cards then. Mostly because I loved the pictures, and the holographic ones. I still have them all, too. ^_^; Maybe one day I'll sell them, though I doubt they'd be worth much.

Divine Dragon wrote:
Atolm wrote:

Thats great! XD

Yessss... I had a folder dedicated to my findings on people I met online.. surprisingly... I only ever discovered one person to have lied.. this being the Internet.. .. generally speaking.. you would suspect most would lie.. but webcams are wonderful things.

I've never understood people's reasons for lying. Though I've met people who simply liked playing as a 'girl,' per se. I have seen people gain favors this way, like if they were playing an online game and received special treatment... :roll: Though that does backfire too, in the instance that people are sexist or may believe that "NO GURLZ EGZIST ON DA INTARWEBZ!!11!"

If one wishes to keep their gender secret, that is fine with me! I do not judge based off gender, as that does not define a person. :mrgreen: Though, it still is fun to be curious about such things.

Divine Dragon wrote:
Atolm wrote:That sounds like a great campaign! I always wanted to try out a DnD game, I just did not know enough people!
I stick with Atheism, personally... I also like it to be publicly known..

Satan worshipers... as if to suggest you could only ever worship the Christian evil deity.. :roll: but such is the Christian way of thinking..

I am generalising, obviously..

Hey now, Christians aren't evil! :( Unless I misunderstand what you're saying, my apologies in advance if this is the case. However, I too will generalise and say that most people that I have met that are strongly into their religion are narrow-minded when it comes to things. Religion, as most things, is controversial. (which is why I stick it in my list of things to never discuss! :O)

Anyhow, that reminds me of what my mother said. (yes, protestant here) She did say that DnD was evil and such, and you supposedly associate with demons. So yeah, for the longest time I did believe that. But now I know better, as having talked to people who play it, and they're not bad people. As far as the game goes, not bad either to my knowledge, but having never played it, I'll never know. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Jul 25, '07, 4:20 pm

Oh, no no! Not necessarily evil, just... most only accept their religion as .. well.. truth.
Even then, me saying most is another generalisation.
But being raised around.. bad Christians has all but soured me to any kind of religion.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jul 25, '07, 10:26 pm

Divine Dragon wrote:Oh, no no! Not necessarily evil, just... most only accept their religion as .. well.. truth.
Even then, me saying most is another generalisation.
But being raised around.. bad Christians has all but soured me to any kind of religion.

Yeah, I can understand that. I've met other Christians that drove me up the wall. :lol: Reasoning with someone who strictly believes one thing while you were taught another is, well, more than frustrating. Hard to get my point across, so smiling and nodding in false agreement is usually what ends up happening. Arguing is something I always try to avoid, y'know?

I try to keep an open mind when it comes to most things, though it is amazing how some people refuse to consider some things...

Sorry, we're going waaaay off topic, aren't we? >_>

So, uhm. I love card games. Like Solitaire, GoFish, Memory. I think it's called Memory, anyways... Just flip over all the cards and line them up in rows and remove the jokers, then pick two cards at a time and try to get matching pairs, and if it doesn't match, then just flip them back over. The cool thing about cards is that you can just make up any game you want with them. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Jul 26, '07, 2:02 am

I just have to respond to this; every alarm bell in my mind went off to this one:
Tsunami wrote:Arguing is something I always try to avoid, y'know?
With people that ignore facts yes, but ALWAYS stand by your rational arguments! :yes: Not speaking out is agreement with your adversary!

On topic, I used to be all about Yahoo's Super Text Twist, and playing Cranium, but I've completely dropped out of those. Every once in a while I'll do some Sudoku or Kakuro, but anymore I just love creating things of my own too much to play much of anything!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Atolm » Thu Jul 26, '07, 3:44 am

I am sure my mysterious gender will be known at one point, it is the wondering that makes it fun. :D

You know, I was never able to get into sudoku, and everyone was playing it. I saw it at the stores, on tv, computer.. sudoku, sudoku, sudoku!

I like mazes however! The really big complex ones too!

But like Komrade, I spend much of my time creating instead of playing nowadays.
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Postby Divine Dragon » Thu Jul 26, '07, 4:39 am

Tsunami wrote:I try to keep an open mind when it comes to most things, though it is amazing how some people refuse to consider some things...

I .. try to do this, I can appreciate what other people believe because we all live our lives as we wish, yet also mock it, but I certainly do not want to start some kind of heated religious debate.. ever, I know how stubborn I can get during an argument and how those in religion can be just as stubborn.. this stubbornness from them.. only increases my rage as I find what fuels them to be so laughable.., so this'll be all.

Atolm wrote: I am sure my mysterious gender will be known at one point, it is the wondering that makes it fun. :D

I first off thought you were male.. I don't even know why.. but this boyfriend mentioning led me to re-evaluate my initial thoughts. x3 I think I'd rather discover myself somehow..

Back onto that big old topic.. Solitaire, brilliant game, I play it when I feel the most.. alone.. haha. Funny that.

Bowling is always a laugh when amongst friends, Darts is a real challenge, I pride myself in being able to lean pretty far forward .. hah... though it probably breaks rules.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Atolm » Thu Jul 26, '07, 9:55 am

Oh man, I just moved to a area where a bowling alley is right across the street! I have not played in years but I think I will try again for the laughs!
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming