Noah's Ark found!

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Noah's Ark found!

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Apr 28, '10, 5:52 am

Some reports say searchers have found the remains of Noah's Ark.....but is it really Noah's Ark, or something else??

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... ?GT1=43001

Comments or Opinions?

I have to say at this point I am a little bit skeptical that this is really the REAL Noah's Ark! We have heard so many stories in the past where people thought they had found THE ARK, and it didn't seem to wind up that way. It would be terrific if the real Ark were found one day, but I tend to think this is something that is just not meant to be found....atleast until a higher power wants it to be found. :yaknow:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Noah's Ark found!

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Apr 28, '10, 6:40 am

Honestly, I don't think it's the ark. But if it is it might change my opinion about religion slightly, but not too much. =P

If Atlantis is found though I'll accept this 97.5%

This is a motto I got from somewhere, I don't remember where though. "The Bible has about as much history and facts in it as it has pizza!"

Just so those who are religious know, I am not trying to offend you, your religion, or try to persuade you to change your views on anything. I am merely stating what I believe. I believe everyone has the right to speak their mind without people taking offense, of course that's unless they are trying to offend you.

>.>

Kick them in the *! XD
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Apr 28, '10, 2:39 pm

I pretty much agree with Atlin. It'd be cool if it was the real Ark, but I'm a skeptic and I'm not very religious. Thus, I have my doubts.

I also agree with you, Silver...assuming the Ark and other pieces of Biblical history do exist (as I said, I'm a skeptic) they won't be found until a higher power intends them to be found. But there's always the chance said higher power intends them to be found now! ;)
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby MrRoivas » Wed Apr 28, '10, 3:36 pm

Hey, remember when somebody supposedly found Jesus's tomb, and how that totally turned out to be not a total fake? Yeah, me neither.

Edit: Or you just check out this post here.

http://michaelsheiser.com/PaleoBabble/2 ... ble-update
How can you hope to defeat me, if you're not wearing any pants?
MrRoivas
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 8

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 28, '10, 3:44 pm

I'm mildly religious, but I'm also really skeptical about this. There have been too many false claims in the past. These just come up every few years to grab attention and give someone their 15 minutes of fame.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Apr 28, '10, 6:43 pm

Atlinsmere wrote:This is a motto I got from somewhere, I don't remember where though. "The Bible has about as much history and facts in it as it has pizza!"

Actually, The Bible has a lot of history and facts in it and a great deal of it has been proven to be true. Here's one interesting link related to this:

http://www.everystudent.com/features/bible.html#arch

Near the bottom of the page are listed some archaeological
finds that confirm the historical accuracy of The Bible, etc.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby MrRoivas » Wed Apr 28, '10, 7:36 pm

Also to be found in it are stories of talking snakes and rivers turning into blood.
How can you hope to defeat me, if you're not wearing any pants?
MrRoivas
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 8

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Apr 28, '10, 8:15 pm

MrRoivas wrote:Also to be found in it are stories of talking snakes and rivers turning into blood.

Interesting reading to be found in The Bible. I highly recommend it! :) :reading:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 28, '10, 10:55 pm

Actually it could have been A ARK.

Every civilization in the world has their story of Noah's Ark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_myth

Every civilization has them. Whose to say it couldn't be one from the other stories?

An ark from Gilgamesh or one of the Babylonian tragedies?

NOAH"S ARK isn't the only recorded flood. It's actually a derivative of the other flood stories.

Just like the bible gives a horrendous explanation for black people but doesn't cover asians or such.

It could be a ark from one of the other stories. It could be a Sumerian remnant.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Rune_Walsh » Thu Apr 29, '10, 1:15 am

I'm also skeptical, for reasons already stated.

MrRoivas wrote:Also to be found in it are stories of talking snakes and rivers turning into blood.

:D :lol: :rofl: :D :lol: :rofl:

True that the Bible i.e., the Old Testament, is a historical document in the cultural sense, but let's face it -- it contains figurative language. Some of the Old Testament isn't meant to be taken literally; i.e. the Nephilim, talking snakes, people turning into pillars of salt, etc.

Just my two cents, though.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Next

Return to Casual Conversation