Noah's Ark found!

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Re: Noah's Ark found!

Postby MrRoivas » Sat May 1, '10, 4:42 pm

Just one last question then. In principle, how is what those people did in the article I showed different from what Abraham was willing to do?
How can you hope to defeat me, if you're not wearing any pants?
MrRoivas
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 8

Postby Tanith » Sat May 1, '10, 5:00 pm

I think thousands of years make a huge difference, don't you? I can't claim to know what it's like to be a servant of God during Abraham's time, but ritual killings certainly weren't unheard of throughout mankind. God didn't really want Abraham to sacrifice Isaac; the point of the story was the willingness to sacrifice, not that he actually went through with killing his son. I'm afraid I'm not very eloquent or able to explain this subject well, though.

I think Abraham is quite different than the people in the article, because those parents have to ignore so much that has come to us since Abraham's time.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Rick » Sat May 1, '10, 7:04 pm

Why can't people see that there are other arks that were used? Every culture has it's myth about an ark and a flood. I believe I posted this link.

From the location, it could be Sumerian or Babylonian?

Why must everything.. be considered to be from the bible? that fanaticism is ridiculous. People lack faith if they require some physical sign to back up their beliefs.

It can't be anything else but something related to christianity it seems.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby MrRoivas » Sun May 2, '10, 3:11 am

I think thousands of years make a huge difference, don't you?

No. Such a demand is always wrong, no matter the time or place. Or would you perhaps suggest that say, slavery was once a good thing and now is not? By what mechanism does something moral become immoral?
How can you hope to defeat me, if you're not wearing any pants?
MrRoivas
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 8

Previous

Return to Casual Conversation