no

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Re: A tech called Bio-Plant?

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 12, '12, 6:04 pm

I do recall reading about the level 99 stat glitch including strange technique assignments at times. Seeing it happen after the patch is applied is new, though. I would have expected that to be fixed by the IPS patch, but maybe the stat changes and technique changes are handled in two places and the patch only fixes one.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Thu Apr 12, '12, 6:23 pm

Never heard about it but thanks for the info.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 12, '12, 7:43 pm

Hm, right, I forgot for a minute that he doesn't learn anything normally. That makes this even more interesting. You might be the first person to take Seth all the way up to 99 since the patch was made. Somehow, I doubt that the person who initially made the patch, for Sega or one of their affiliates, tested it on him.

You mentioned the other characters - does that include Wren or Demi? I seem to recall them being affected by the weird tech changes of the old level 99 bug. Although I expect they would have been fixed by the patch, it would be curious if they were not. Like Seth, they don't learn techs by leveling, so I wonder if they would use the same code for that as him.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Scootaloo » Sun Apr 13, '14, 4:19 pm

I noticed this also, I was using a game-genie to make characters level 99 after a battle, and Seth learned Bio-Plant, since he has no TP, so use a code making him have 999 TP, When I used it, It crashed the game.

Probably a bug or a glitch, and also, people think "FEEVE" is a mystery ? XD
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 48

Postby Snorb » Sun Apr 13, '14, 8:54 pm

Seth: Watch this, Chaz! Watch what I can do! Bio-Plant!!
(the entire Bio-Plant appears before Chaz and the party)
Chaz: Whoa! That was awesome!
Rune: Ugh, damn it. I'm never going to hear the end of this.
Rika: What do you mean, Rune?

Shir: (peeks out of the Bio-Plant) Oh my God. Rolf!! A game glitch caused involuntary time travel! Again! >_<
Rolf: When are we now? (peeks out) You! (marches towards Chaz, Neisword in hand) Where's my Meseta, pal!?
Chaz: (gets in Rolf's face) I told you, you're getting paid when I'm getting paid! >_<
Rika: Please, Mister Rolf, don't mind Chaz. He hasn't taken on a Guild job in months... ^_^;
Nei: Hey! Stop being an imitation replacement me, Future Genome Me! (gets in Rika's face)
Rune: No. It was bad enough when Rolf explained this to me the first time. Chaz, I refuse to explain this when it happens. I'm going back to Esper Mansion and I'm putting a gun in my mouth. No prophecy is worth this.
Amy: Suicide is no laughing matter, Rune! (starts lecturing/counseling Rune)

Shir: (pulls out a tea set and starts serving Wren) Where's that blue-haired lady with the boomerangs? I miss her.
Wren: She's back on Dezolis, Miss Gold.
Shir: Oooh. Wanna help me steal Chaz's ship and get it back to my era? We can totally make a few thousand for it on eBaya. XD
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Return to Phantasy Star IV