Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, '14, 3:55 pm 
Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/lords-of- ... -are-gone/

The producer of the Lords of Shadow Castlevania games thinks that the days of 2D Castlevania games are over. He thinks that the 2D Castlevania games are too niche, and would not sell in this day and age.

I hope that this is not true. The best Castlevania games are the 2D games IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, '14, 6:30 pm 
The producer of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is a freaking idiot.

Also, I would much rather buy a 2D Castlevania in the convoluted original timeline (Konami, if you're reading this: Battle of 1999 with Julius Belmont!) than buy Lords of Shadow with Gabriel Belmont randomly deciding to be Dracula for some stupid reason.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, '14, 6:55 pm 
I'm more interested in what Konami's rep has to say on the matter. Any idiot can mouth off with an opinion, that doesn't make company policy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, '14, 9:22 pm 
Yeah, I realize 2D in general is probably struggling these days, but the handheld games at least should still be pretty viable.

I will say I am one of the few people who really liked Castlevania for the N64, though. Really creepy game, with great music.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, '14, 2:54 am 
I played though a bit of LoS.. and to be honest it never felt like a good game to me. I never did finish it and traded it for another game. Symphony of the Night and Curse of Darkness were perhaps the two best games. (even though they didn't have a Belmont as the lead).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, '14, 12:06 pm 
Reviews are starting to come in for Lords of Shadow 2, and they are between 6s and 8s. Maybe these comments are a way for the producer to raise interest for his game by letting people know that this is the only new way people can get their Castlevania fix these days.

Last edited by S4Blade on Tue Feb 25, '14, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, '14, 12:36 pm 
In 2D or in 3D I like the Castlevania serie so no problem for me :)

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]