Page 1 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Nintendo Wii U
PostPosted: Tue May 1, '12, 3:44 am 
Found an interesting story with info about the new Nintendo Wii U that will soon be available:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 30778.html

Post subject: Re: Nintendo Wii U
PostPosted: Tue May 1, '12, 5:24 am 
Hm, I wonder what the Mario game will be like. I mean, if it will be an action/platformer or one of the spin offs like Mario Party or Kart.

PostPosted: Tue May 1, '12, 7:46 am 
I'm not really attracted by this WII U but let's wait about it...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, '12, 2:39 am 
Lots of new info about the Wii U came out today. Nintendo has finally revealed specs and pricing info for the system, along with some of the initial games line up. The system is going to cost at least $299, or $349 if you want the "deluxe" version that includes a console stand and an actual game. Games are supposedly going to cost $60 each. The release is slated for mid-November.

Anyone planning to get one this year? It looks like Nintendo hopes this will be a big seller for Christmas. I think I'm going to pass until next year - the only game that really catches my attention right now is the new version of Super Mario Bros. My days of buying a system just for one game are over with for now, though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, '12, 7:43 am 
That is some exciting news for the Nintendo Wii and that many gamers have looked forward to and eagerly anticipated, I am sure.

I am finding it a bit hard to believe that they seriously expect people to pay that much for a game system during this time of economic hardships though for many families. I mean, some families are having a tough time just putting food on the table and keeping their homes...and they certainly can not afford over $300 bucks for a gaming system!!!!

I will be watching to see how sales of this new gaming system go, but I will be very surprised if they sell very many of them in this economy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, '12, 5:00 pm 
I see no reason for buying any console during the launch window. There are few games, usually overpriced, and it takes a while until there is a selection of games good enough to justify the investiment.

By the time it happens, the games faced a price drop, the console probably has an updated and cheaper version.

3DS buyers should have learned the lesson, but some people just can't wait, so it is evident that Wii U will do fine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, '12, 8:53 pm 
For the moment, I don't plan to buy the WII U : really expensive ! And like some people have said, in those times of economic hardships... hard to put all this money in this device, even if it seems really to be highly interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, '12, 11:56 pm 
Not getting one at release, at least on my own money, but if I get it as a gift for Christmas or birthday, that's quite fine. But I'm totally willing to wait until there's more games out for it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, '13, 6:24 pm 
Found an article that says the price of the Wii U probably won't come down for awhile because they are selling them at a loss. I suppose it is possible they are taking a loss, although hard to believe someone would even make a system with price requirements that would make it rather difficult for ordinary people/families, etc., to purchase them, especially with all the recent bad economy problems here in the USA and elsewhere. JMHO.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 53532.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, '13, 4:39 am 
^ I've just realized that the Wii U reminds me of the PlayStation Vita: both are a tad expensive for the type of consoles that they are, and both have very few games that really interest me. However, with the new Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart in the works, I do want to get a Wii U, but I'll most likely wait until next year (and even then, it will probably be a used system).

Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Fri Aug 16, '13, 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next