Page 1 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, '15, 9:03 pm 
Nintendo's next new video game system may be the Nintendo NX. Read more here:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/first- ... 0-6425959/

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/new-3ds-re ... -we-423289

Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Thu Oct 20, '16, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Nintendo NX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, '15, 1:29 am 
Main thing I wonder is if it's a handheld or console. It seems that the Wii U is still flagging a bit even post-Smash (though doing better than it was), but the 3DS is still doing well. I wonder what's going on in general. It doesn't seem like a great time to already announce a new console.

Last edited by Wolf Bird on Wed Mar 18, '15, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, '15, 12:02 am 
Good thing too that the new "Club Nintendo" will be more like a PSN. :mrgreen:

About time Nintendo went in the right direction in that regard, after years of being stubborn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, '15, 3:06 am 
So many question; it's just so difficulty to see what is on the horizon for Nintendo. The Wii U had a massive year thanks to it's game launches, but from what I can tell it didn't do much to help the sales of the consoles versus the PS4/Xbox.

In any case I hope this isn't released too early...but as Wolf Bird says; this could be a handheld.

Wait and see; we shall.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 6, '16, 5:32 pm 
So it's looking likely that this year the NX is going to come out. I expect to see it unveiled at E3.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/02/05/ni ... at-e3-2016

Also been hearing rumors about a Smash launch title, some even saying a new Smash altogether. I doubt that, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a complete edition of Smash 4, with all the DLC and maybe a merger of all the content in both the WiiU and 3DSversions, which have some differences in stages and game modes.

Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sat Feb 6, '16, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 9, '16, 5:23 pm 
I'm hoping for great things for Nintendo NX! I wonder what they'll do to make it interesting.

Didn't Sakurai say that he was done with Smash? I wasn't sure if Nintendo was going to continue with the Smash series.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 9, '16, 6:11 pm 
As I understand it, he's done with Smash 4, I.E. done issuing updates, patches, DLC, etc. I could be wrong, though. One of the things about the NX that piqued my interest are the rumors that Beyond Good & Evil 2 (which we've been waiting for for approximately forever as it fell into the same black hole as The Last Guardian, which may finally release this year, and Half-Life 3) would be an exclusive.

After the last Nintendo Direct, which put SNES games up on the 3DS eShop but only for the New 3DS, I find myself more skeptical that the NX will be a full handheld. I get the sense they're trying to push more people to the New 3DS, and adding SNES virtual console games gives it a lot of value the old 3DS does not have.

Earthbound on the 24th!

Last edited by Wolf Bird on Wed Mar 9, '16, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, '16, 3:36 am 
I hope he comes back for the new Smash. I'm a bit of a YouTube junkie, and I watched the Game Theorist's discussion on the surprisingly sad story of Smash 4 and how Sakurai might have felt about it. It's just as the channel advertises: A theory. But it is an interesting discussion. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_2OPd25FOw

I need that new 3DS. NEED IT.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, '16, 5:03 am 
Seen that video before. Also contributes to my skepticism that there'll be a new Smash anytime soon, doubtfully by the NX's release. At best I think the NX might get a complete edition of Smash for WiiU/3DS that has all DLC and a merger of the content. If there is another Smash, I imagine it's years off. And I have mixed feelings about a new one, possibly like Sakurai himself.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, '16, 9:09 pm 
I'm guesstimating it will be released later this year. As for a new Smash Bros game, I'm sure one will be released for it, but not until a few years anyways.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this thing, but I'll just wait to see what the future brings.

Page 1 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next