Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '14, 11:46 am 
Source: http://games.yahoo.com/news/nintendo-ce ... 23517.html

From the article: "Boxed in by rivals in video games, Nintendo outlined its plan to redefine itself as a health-oriented entertainment company in the coming decade. In a letter to shareholders, Nintendo chief executive Satoru Iwata said the company plans to expand beyond games to make entertainment that improves “quality of life” for people."

I find this to be kind of weird, but at least they are trying something new.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '14, 12:25 pm 
Why not? But this is a bit strange ! But why not ? Let's them make some proposals and we'll see :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '14, 2:21 pm 
Interesting approach. I guess maybe with things like Wii fit and Wii sports they've already got a start on that. But color me skeptical on this being the sort of new approach Nintendo needs to take.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '14, 10:50 pm 
Looks like they are trying to recoup their loses in the casual gaming market. I wish them luck, but I honestly don't see it happening.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 7, '14, 1:41 pm 
I don't either. Casual gamers have turned to mobile devices for their games. I can't see this working out for them. Maybe as a PIECE of their strategy, but not as the crux of their strategy.

Last edited by Wolf Bird on Fri Mar 7, '14, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 7, '14, 9:02 pm 
I agree too ! Just a piece of their strategy but I wish them the best of luck too :) Gonna be hard...

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]