Nintendo cuts Wii U Shipment forecasts

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Re: Nintendo cuts Wii U Shipment forecasts

Postby myau56 » Sat Jan 18, '14, 9:03 pm

Games on Smartphones ? I'm totaly out of it because...I don't have a smartphone ! And I don't know if I'll ever had one...Like Vistablade, I refuse to play games on my smartphone..but wait...I just tell that I don't have one ! :lol:
Noeven if one day I'll buy one, I'll not play games on it.
I'll continue to buy handhelds consoles and play games like this :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Sat Jan 18, '14, 10:54 pm

I actually just got my first smartphone about 3 months ago. I like it, but it just doesn't feel right playing games on it to me. So I don't.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jan 18, '14, 11:14 pm

VistaBlade wrote:I actually just got my first smartphone about 3 months ago. I like it, but it just doesn't feel right playing games on it to me. So I don't.

This. I've tried a few smartphone games, but none of them grabbed me or were particularly interesting. Plus, the paywalls. Oh, the paywalls.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby tilinelson2 » Sun Jan 19, '14, 12:55 am

My issue with smartphone gaming is the absence of traditional controls and how they drain the battery. I have played a few games in my smartphones, but the only games I had some fun with were those games made specifically for phones, like Angry Birds and such. I have tried some "hardcore" games in my phone, but they drain the battery so quickly that it is impossible to play more than 20 minutes.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby S4Blade » Sun Jan 19, '14, 11:49 am

Yeah my phone usually lasts me 2-3 days on 1 full battery charge, but it will die in 2 hours or less if I'm gaming on it.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby myau56 » Sun Jan 19, '14, 12:08 pm

The battery consumption is one of the worst lacks while playing games on Smartphones...with all the wifi and internet connections and all the apps using, it's logical (but I'm sure that the smartphone itself is consuming a lot of the power...)

And about the controllers, it's the same problem : some good directionnal paddle or joystick or buttons are so great :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby S4Blade » Tue Jan 21, '14, 10:51 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/20/ ... martphones

Here's an interesting update on this whole "Nintendo making smartphone games" line of thinking. According to the above article, Iwata says that they have no plans to bring Mario and "key franchises" to smart phones because it would cut into 3DS sales.

Did anyone else catch what he did there? He said "key franchises" more than likely consisting of Zelda, Mario, etc.. However, he doesn't specify, and this means that they could throw any amount of resources into smartphone gaming that they see fit. Meaning new IPs, or lesser know IPs could be seen on smartphones.

Maybe I'm just being over paranoid, who knows.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby myau56 » Wed Jan 22, '14, 9:30 am

Oh no ! I hope it will not come to reality, this Smartphone stuff ! :( We'll see later but maybe you're right...by reading this article, it's not very clear ! But I hope that the 3DS isn't going to be "cut" by these smartphone games..
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Previous

Return to In the News