NFL Kickoff

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

NFL Kickoff

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Sep 5, '07, 12:17 am

Two days to the start of the NFL season! Anyone a fan, or have a favorite team? Anyone play fantasy football? I'm in my ninth year of a family FF keeper league, which I've won four times :mrgreen: .

I used to root for the Chiefs, due to proximity, which is pure nonsense; I now root for the teams I find the most entertaining, which I find to be the 49ers and Saints. I also hope the Colts have a great year since most of my FF keepers play for them :P .
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 5, '07, 12:22 am

I am fond of a few teams. I also like the 49'ers, Dallas Cowboys, Steelers, Falcons, etc., etc. I am not a die hard fan, but do enjoy the game.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Sep 5, '07, 1:26 am

:3 I am not a fan of any kind of sport, though I do find the effect they can have on people to be interesting.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Atolm » Wed Sep 5, '07, 4:21 am

I can listen to it in background but overall not really interested. I agree with DD though, it is entertaining to watch those who do enjoy it.
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 5, '07, 6:00 am

I've never been much of a sports fan, particularly for football. I know the names of some of the more famous teams, but that's the limit of my awareness of the NFL. :wink:

What exactly is fantasy football? I've been hearing that term for years, but never really knew anything more about it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Sep 6, '07, 1:00 am

Thoul wrote:What exactly is fantasy football? I've been hearing that term for years, but never really knew anything more about it.
If it weren't for fantasy football, I wouldn't watch at all, because I find spectator sports, just that, too passive.

Fantasy football is a game where you get about 10 people together, and you all draft players as if you were building a real team, and you pit your teams against another one off the statistics from that week's games. For instance, every team has a quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and usually about 8 more players mostly of the RB and WR variety. When your quarterback throws for a touchdown, your team gets 6 points.

Most leagues also keep track of have many yards the players gain in a game and award points for those as well, usually 15 yards equaling 1 point. After the Monday night game, the points are tallied, and your team wins or loses based off your score and your opponent in your fantasy league for that week, with the team that wins the most games in the entire season being declared the winner of the league. It's a blending of my interest in level-building in RPGs and statistics!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 7, '07, 5:52 am

Ah, I see. Interesting. Thanks for explaining. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Sep 7, '07, 6:40 am

And my fantasy team just got done thumping my brother thanks to that Colts rout! :P
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Sep 7, '07, 5:11 pm

Fantasy Football sounds interesting. :yes:

I know a few people who are really into football but have no idea if they play this game or not. They are always watching the games and comparing notes, etc., with some other football friends of theirs though. I might have to check this out.

Thanks for the info, Komrade, and congrats on your fantasy team's recent accomplishment.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Sep 8, '07, 12:20 am

Secret_Surfer wrote:Fantasy Football sounds interesting. :yes:

I know a few people who are really into football but have no idea if they play this game or not. They are always watching the games and comparing notes, etc., with some other football friends of theirs though. I might have to check this out.

Thanks for the info, Komrade, and congrats on your fantasy team's recent accomplishment.
It's the only thing that ties me to sports anymore. It's a decent hobby, but can eat up a ton of time!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Return to Entertainment