Next Gen Microtransactions

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Next Gen Microtransactions

Postby S4Blade » Thu Nov 28, '13, 2:40 pm

TotalBiscuit has put up an interesting video on his youtube channel about some of the next gen microtransactions he has come across with the new Xbox One. He brings up a lot of good points about microtransactions and how they affect gameplay. Check it out if you have the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpx4R9SY98o

I have been familiar with microtransactions for quite some time now with PC games, and I only approve of them in free games, not in games that you actually pay money for. There are a few games I make exceptions for. What is your stance on these kind of microtransactions in console games?
Last edited by S4Blade on Thu Nov 28, '13, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: Next Gen Microtransactions

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 2, '14, 6:22 am

I generally can't stand the idea in a console game. I can see how it would work well with free games, especially on PC, but consoles just seem like the wrong place to implement this kind of thing. At the very least, consoles just strike me as too insecure a platform for the exchanging of money.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Next Gen Microtransactions

Postby S4Blade » Thu Jan 2, '14, 1:08 pm

I think microtransactions will ruin a lot of good games on consoles just like they have on PC. I know that some games already have them, but most of these games have not been received well. I understand that the developers want more money, and I have no problem with paid DLC in games (as long as it's not over priced), but microtransactions often get out of control, and companies get too greedy, hence their games lose credibility and do poorly.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Return to General Gaming