Newt Gingrich book

Converse about your favorite literature and reading in this study.

Re: Newt Gingrich book

Postby MrRoivas » Wed May 26, '10, 12:09 am

However, Clinton also had very low personal ratings on leaving office perhaps due to several various scandals, impeachment, etc.,

I hear you. Even if I have a relatively good opinion of Clinton's policies, I think on a personal level the guy is a sleazeball.

Even with that fact in mind, saying that he "left office in disgrace" is unwarranted hyperbole. Probably the only President who the phrase can legitimately apply to is Nixon.

(Fun fact: Nixon wasn't ever impeached. He resigned before Congress could go through with it.)

The type of press that Clinton attracts is different too. He is not selling books on television about how the Republican party is ruining America. Rather, its his charity and humanitarian agenda that gets press. Comparing the post office careers of Clinton and Newt is enlightening when it comes to their priorities.
How can you hope to defeat me, if you're not wearing any pants?
MrRoivas
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 8

Re: Newt Gingrich book

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed May 26, '10, 12:20 am

MrRoivas wrote:(Fun fact: Nixon wasn't ever impeached. He resigned before Congress could go through with it.)

Yes, the only two Presidents who have been impeached are Clinton and Andrew Johnson. Nixon would have most likely been the third but he resigned first. Probably a smart move on his part. :wink:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Previous

Return to Leapin' Library