What are some good DS titles?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

What are some good DS titles?

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 30, '07, 3:34 pm

Now that I've got a DS, I'm looking at getting some games for it. What DS games would you recommend looking into? The only DS game I have so far is Zelda, so any recommendations are welcome.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sun Dec 30, '07, 7:27 pm

Well...Elite Beat Agents might be a good choice if you like music/rhythm games with an odd sense of humour. Or Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, should you want something 2-D and time consuming.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Dec 31, '07, 12:32 am

I don't have much, just a classic game 4 pack, Mario Kart, FF12, and Lego Star wars. XD Yeah, Lego star wars for the DS. XD Its a little stranger when using two screens rather than the original 1 tv screen lol. Mario Kart is fun if you have friends to play with, FF12 isnt fantastic, but the sprites remind me just a little of PS, with some additional animations.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby LordShibas » Mon Dec 31, '07, 3:42 am

DS Stuff that I have:

Children of Mana
Magical Starsign
Luminous Arc
Orcs & Elves
Izuna (Legend of the Un-employed Ninja)
Lunar Knights
Etrian Odyssey (get this one soon if you are interested in it, the prices online are going up big time)
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Final Fantasy III

Stuff I still have to get:

Theme Park
Rune Factory: A Harvest Moon Adventure
Naruto: Path of the Ninja
Contra 4

That's just DS games. Keep in mind you can also play GBA games, and there are about 5x this amount of GBA that are worth getting. If you want a list of good GBA games, let me know.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Snorb » Mon Dec 31, '07, 4:38 am

Off the top of my head...

Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (But good luck finding it x_X)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
New Super Mario Bros.
Final Fantasy III
Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja
Front Mission
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Super Mario 64 DS
Battles of Prince of Persia (An odd kinda card-based turn-based strategy game. Very well-written story, too!)
Lunar: Dragon Song (Despite the battle system.)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 1, '08, 12:25 am

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'll check some of those out. They sound like some great games. :)

That's just DS games. Keep in mind you can also play GBA games, and there are about 5x this amount of GBA that are worth getting. If you want a list of good GBA games, let me know.

Sure, though I already have a few of the better GBA RPGs.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to General Gaming