Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Year's Rockin' Eve!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 1, '08, 3:29 am 
What type of music do you spend your New Year's Eve / New Year's Day party(s) listening to?

Anyone watch the New Year's Rockin' Eve program on abc with Ryan Seacrest and Dick Clark? It's kinda of a tradition around here to watch atleast a little bit of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 1, '08, 4:25 am 
Nothing. XDDDDDD We play movies and TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 3, '08, 4:33 am 
I don't really have any traditions relating to that, though we did get to watch the ball drop on TV this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 3, '08, 4:43 am 
I have a question. I may have just the strangest memory, but when the ball dropped several years in the past, didn't they let it fall to the ground and small explosions came out of it? Cuz I don't remember it being just numbers letting you know after the ball goes behind them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 3, '08, 5:55 am 
Maybe; they have changed the way it happens and several places have their own balls that are set up differently. You might be remembering one of those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 3, '08, 5:38 pm 
Hmmm, I don't recall any little explosions or fireworks coming from the ball after it drops, but it could be that I've forgotten that. Yeah, it is possible, I guess.

Thoul is right about different places having their own special balls. Georgia has a "peach" ball that drops and another state has a "strawberry" ball that drops I think, but I can't remember which state that last one is. Those are the only two I can think of offhand. Anybody else know of any others?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 3, '08, 10:39 pm 
lol, Strawberry. I guess if you don't have a TV or radio you can just drop one of those XDDDDDD
Did anyone else have the radio station on at the same time? The TV was at 12, and the radio was like 5 minutes later! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 4, '08, 3:16 am 
:lol: We were watching the ball drop on Tv one year a few years ago and saw it drop and change to the new year while watching one channel, but then we turned channels and the coverage there still had the ball falling, lol. We got to see it drop twice that year - strange, but funny, lol.

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]