New Member Control Panel

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

New Member Control Panel

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 22, '08, 9:07 am

The old Edit Profile area of the forums has been reorganized into the new Member Control Panel. In this form, the area is more organized with more distinct sections for each important area. There are also some new additions to a few areas.

In the Profile Information section, there are new profile fields for Favorite Phantasy Star Game, Favorite Phantasy Star Character, and Favorite Video Game.

There is also a Custom Title field for members with 100 karma. The Custom Title allows you to specify a brief phrase (no more than 30 characters long) to appear in your posts under your name. It's like a second rank title (Citizen, Newcomer, etc), but you get to define your own. Please remember that Custom Titles are, like all profile fields, subject to the Participation Guidelines regarding language and content.

Under the Preferences tab, there is a new option to disable acronyms in posts. By acronyms, I mean these hovery things: PS

On the Avatar tab, you can now upload your custom avatars directly to the site, instead of using the gallery or linking to an avatar on another site.

And finally, the Signature tab has an enhanced editor for defining your signatures. You can preview them and use BBCode controls like those found in the posting forms.

So, there you go. I hope everyone enjoys these new features. :)

I may add some more additions later in the week. If anyone has requests for something in this area, like more profile fields along the line of Favorite PS Game, now's a good time to ask.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jan 25, '08, 10:34 am

Wow, that's a lot of work! Nice job. :)

I cannot think of any suggestions, and this may be a bit off-topic, but I miss the old smily set-up. Clicking the pages rather than scrolling down to find what I'm looking for gets a tad bit confusing.

EDIT: I changed my custom title to "Cheese" because I love it so. However, I see it in everyone's posts... Is it just me, or is anyone else seeing this? :lol:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Reno » Fri Jan 25, '08, 9:18 pm

Wow, looks like I picked a great time to join this site! Thanks Thoul, this is much more in-depth and all-around better than the old controls. And as Tsunami said, I also can't think of anything else to suggest, it's great! I'm sure you'd prefer more useful feedback, but I really do like it the way it is. Nice work! :up:
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Jan 26, '08, 1:16 am

And however hard I look I see no cheese!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jan 26, '08, 1:35 am

SparkyIII wrote:And however hard I look I see no cheese!
Maybe it is just me, but here's what I am seeing.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Jan 26, '08, 1:41 am

I can't show you mine, but it looks like it normally does for me. Though it might be something to do with me not having 100 karma, though that seems a little pointless considering no one who doesn't have it yet knows what it will be until they get it.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Sat Jan 26, '08, 3:23 am

yea it basically did the same thing to me, maybe its just a data messup. http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1010/picturepw8.png
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jan 26, '08, 3:28 am

Hmm... It seems that way. o_o Glad I wasn't the only one, haha.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 26, '08, 5:48 am

The title thing was a code glitch. Thanks for bringing it up; it's fixed now.

I miss the old smily set-up. Clicking the pages rather than scrolling down to find what I'm looking for gets a tad bit confusing.

That's something that is a bit of an experiment. I might change it back or add a preference switch for the two options yet. I'm still thinking about it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Site Announcements