Welcome to the new Fringes of Algo!

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Welcome to the new Fringes of Algo!

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 23, '07, 6:55 am

I'd like to welcome everyone to the new version of The Fringes of Algo! After nearly ten years online, I've decided to finally spin the Fringes off and develop it into a unique, standalone site here at the new domain, psalgo.com. Along with this comes a new design and lots of additional content!

The site's old design had been copied many times, intentionally or otherwise. After so many years of the PS2 background, it was definitely time for a fresh look anyway. I think this new red space background is pretty unique, and I like the brighter, more upbeat look a lot more. A happier site is a more fun site! :D

Almost all of content from the old site is here as well, with some revisions and updates to almost everything. Some of the magazine scans have been replaced with new versions, which should be easier to read.

I've also added a new Message Board to the site, where discussion and chat about Phantasy Star, or other topics, is welcome. If you'd like to talk with other PS fans, register today and say hello!

In other new areas, the Profiles section highlights some of the major characters and places from the games, with more to come in future updates. The Phantasy Star I image gallery has been expanded a lot. You can find save games and save game editors from my old PS Saved Game Archive in the Downloads section here now. If you're a fan fiction writer, you can submit your stories to the new Fan Fiction section to have them posted on the site!

I plan to add more new and expanded content in the future, as well. This is a new beginning for the site and I want to make it the best Phantasy Star site around.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy your stay! :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Welcome to the new Fringes of Algo!

Postby Neithird » Sun Mar 25, '07, 2:48 am

Cool, I'm really glad to see your site making a comeback! Too many of the older Phantasy Star fan websites have been abandoned and deleted. I hope this one lasts another ten years!
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Mon Mar 26, '07, 1:07 pm

:lol: I hope so, too. Yeah, it's a shame how so many PS sites have fallen away. The Fringes nearly did as well, it hadn't really been updated for years before this. But I guess I'm just too stubborn to let it die that easily. :P
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Patrick » Thu Mar 29, '07, 3:42 pm

Congrats on the new site, Jeremy. :) I like the CAPTCHA. :D
Patrick
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 1

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 29, '07, 5:01 pm

Thanks, Patrick. :) Yeah, that CAPTCHA is pretty neat and should be a tough one to break. :mrgreen:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Site Announcements