New Fan Fic Section Launched!

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

New Fan Fic Section Launched!

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 26, '07, 4:45 am

Our new Fan Fiction section is now open. Unlike the previous incarnation, this version is located directly in the Message Board. It provides a better showcasing of the stories and will make it easier to notice when a new story has been added.

All of the existing fan fiction has been moved to the new location, along with a couple of stories previously posted in the forum. Each fiction now has a second separate topic for comments and critiques; these are located in the Reviews subforum and can also be accessed from a link near each story on the story topics lists.

Ratings have not yet been carried over from the old fan fiction section. I will handle that later.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Fri Oct 26, '07, 4:59 pm

I like these changes. The story gets to take up the whole width of the window now instead of half. That will make it easier to read. Ooo, can we use the "watch" thing to get email updates when a story is added to?
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Oct 26, '07, 5:37 pm

Sounds good to me! I hope to read more Fan Fic story's soon. :reading:

Thoul, you certainly do a lot of work on this forum to make it a more enjoyable place to come and participate in. There is something new here almost every day I visit. Thanks! :proposetoast:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Fri Oct 26, '07, 10:01 pm

Nice work! It looks very organised. :yes:

However, it looks as if I should go back and edit my story, like remove the notes I stuck in there. I think I'll get around to it later, though. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 27, '07, 8:05 pm

Thanks, I'm glad everyone likes the new format. Hopefully I can find some more fan fiction in my old archives of the site to add soon.

However, it looks as if I should go back and edit my story, like remove the notes I stuck in there. I think I'll get around to it later, though. :D

No rush. :D A few notes here and there with a story are fine, I think.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 1, '07, 2:51 pm

Just a quick update: the ratings from the old fan fiction section have now been imported to the new section.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Site Announcements