Street Fighter IV

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Street Fighter IV

Postby Lucas » Sun Aug 24, '08, 7:43 am

I dunno if you guys are into fighting games. But sure as hell I am. :wink: I have been waiting for street fighter IV for a long time like many street fighter fans. Unlike all the other Street Fighter Games this is so far the only 3D one. And the graphics look superb in my opinion. It is suposed to be getting a US arcade release soon. I dont know when it will be comming to Australia though hopefully sometime this year. And I'm glad Capcom put Akuma in as a secret boss (Akuma is my avatar encase you didn't know :wink: )

Here's some shots I found:
Sagat chock holding Ryu...ouch!
Akuma's destructive entrance :)

Anyways it looks good all I gotta do know is play it

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 24, '08, 9:31 pm

It's about time they made the move to 3D. Street Fighter really lagged behind in that aspect. It looks good. The characters, at least in the Sagat screen, look unrealistically buff, but that's what I'd expect from a Street Fighter. I doubt I'll get to play it in an arcade, but I'm sure it won't be long until the console ports are underway too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Mon Aug 25, '08, 9:34 am

lol yeah most of the characters do look like there on steroids :rofl: . So far its home ports are for ps3, 360 and PC. :)

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby newsblade » Mon Aug 25, '08, 11:52 am

There were also other 3D Street Fighting games (EX series) but didn't had the success of the "2D-anime" style like SFAlpha. Since, at that time, it was too soon to introduce a 3D in SF games, EX characters seemed very polygonal and commands didn't respond as wished - those were the main reason why people didn't want another 3D SF game.

Because of that Capcom was so reluctant to call this a 3D game, so they announced this as a 2.5D SF game... however I think this time will be different - it seams that they even made anime scenes for each character!

The only think I dislike is character designs, they are so Hulkish... I really don't like Daigo Ikeno's works (I'm used to "Nin-Nin" and "Akiman" design from SF2.

I hope they released another "Alpha4"... I just love those characters sprites designs.
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Lucas » Tue Aug 26, '08, 9:34 am

Yeah I have played the EX series but Capcom never had a major part in its creation it was created by Arika which is another reason why characters from the EX series have never appeared in other street fighter games.

And yeah street fighter alpha is a totally great street fighter series especially alpha 3. :)

But Street Fighter III: Third Strike is my favourite game so far in SF. :wink:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Re: Street Fighter IV

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 22, '10, 12:39 pm

I’d say a few of you might already know. But Capcom has decided to expand the successful Street Fighter IV and create an updated version entitled Super Street Fighter IV :clap: . I’m glad to see Capcom is bringing back some more characters from the Street Fighter Alpha games especially Guy and Cody (Actually they’re both from Final Fight :blank: ). Also Juri is another fresh face and she fights like a beast the videos of her are just none stop she’s basically a combo monster. I’d love to try her out. :wink:

Capcom has said they are wanting to include at least eight more characters in total so far six characters have been announced: Guy, Cody, T.Hawk, Dee Jay, Juri and Adon. So two gaps are left I’m hoping to see some Street Fighter III faces maybe Ibuki or Alex even, then again Makato would fit herself in quite well too… :idea:

The characters from the previous Street Fighter IV are still included, and each one now has a second Ultra Move. Hehehe, Akuma’s second Ultra looks pretty nasty (I love how he defies the laws of gravity :wink: ) and humorous in a way too. I’m definitely looking forward to this instalment.

This is Juri (Talk about being flexible)

T.Hawk punishing an unlucky El Fuerte

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Darkil » Fri Jan 22, '10, 1:27 pm

I think Juri is the first Korean character to show up in a Street Fighter series. I'm a bit aggitated that this will be a stand alone release instead of DLC or an add on to the original SFIV. I loved SFIV but not enough to pick this up on release...maybe when it drops in price I might check it out then. I'm curious about Akuma's Ultra that defies gravity though, he's certainly one of my favorite SF characters and my main in every SF game he's in.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 22, '10, 3:08 pm

Yeah I’m also pretty sure Juri is the first Korean character in the series. Akuma’s second Ultra is called Demon Armageddon. He summons an Aura, which covers the lower half of his body and is continually flowing around him. He then levitates of the ground and thrusts himself into he opponent dealing a death kick. The Immortal (Kanji) Symbol then appears in the background like when you finish off an enemy with the Shungoku-Satsu move. (It reminds me a lot of something Taz Devil would do :rofl: only it’s a little too evil :wink: )

Personally I think it’s a pretty unique move, not the best but still quite cool. It’s definitely a change from what Akuma usually has in his move list that’s for sure.

Here's a link to see it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEKXRJEFlNE

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 23, '10, 7:49 pm

Darkil wrote:I'm a bit aggitated that this will be a stand alone release

Just wait until they get to Super Street Fighter IV: Champion Edition Turbo. :P

Still, I'd like to try the new version. I haven't played a Street Fighter in ages.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Darkil » Sun Jan 24, '10, 1:02 am

Lol you're right Thoul! I would certainly like to play the new characters but I cannot justify paying another 60.00 for a few new characters and stages when I spent almost 100.00 on SFIV to begin with. Oh well, I'll definitely look for it later when it has dropped in price.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Next

Return to General Gaming