New "Back To The Future" game on PSN

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

New "Back To The Future" game on PSN

Postby MrKite » Wed Feb 16, '11, 4:27 am

This game actually doesn't look bad at all. It looks rather awesome. Looks like it's a graphic adventure a la Maniac Mansion! Plus Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd each reprise their roles as Marty McFly and Doc Brown respectively.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: New "Back To The Future" game on PSN

Postby Thoul » Wed Feb 16, '11, 4:48 am

That's actually not Michael J. Fox. It's a new guy who does an amazing impression of him. It's incredibly hard to tell from the voice alone - he's that good.

Anyway, I was really interested in the game when I first heard about it, but finding out it was PlayStation-only and being released in five parts sort of killed my interest, at least for now. Maybe if I ever get a PS3...
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Wed Feb 16, '11, 5:04 am

I know how you feel. I have a PS3, but I wish it was on the VC too.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby xellos667 » Wed Feb 16, '11, 4:30 pm

Telltale release on digital service are usually five part releases (Sam & Max, Strong Bad, Secret of Monkey Island and now Back to the Future). In the past they never failed to deliver, so it's not too bad, it just allow them to start releasing the games sooner for the fans I guess. But yes, it's sad that it's not coming to WiiWare anymore :( (I have a PS3, but it was giving a reason for Wii user to be happy). Though with Nintendo stupid size limitation, it was just a matter of time before Telltale left the sinking ship. FOr those without PS3 though, all Telltale games are available on PC too, and that include back to the future.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Snorb » Wed Feb 16, '11, 8:02 pm

Yeah, AJ Locascio did a totally spot-on job as Marty. (Especially obvious if you do the prologue to the game, which is a complete recreation of the beginning of the first movie if you pick the right dialogue choices.)

The subtitles spell a certain infamous science term "jigowatt," but sadly there was no dialogue choice "What the hell is a jigowatt?!" available from Marty.

And Biff is such a jerk in the beginning- quite far removed from who he was at the end of the trilogy.

The first part was short, but I'm eagerly looking forward to the other four parts. Though the writer said it's non-canon, I still consider this to be a worthy sequel to the film series.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Return to General Gaming