Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

NES Huey Reane

NES Huey Reane

View Gallery Page

Post subject: NES Huey Reane
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, '14, 8:23 pm 
Huey Reane, in NES background palette glory!

I am told that the NES could only use 13 different colors at any given time for its backgrounds.

It could use 4 different 4-colored palettes, although it could only use 3 colors from 3 of them, and all the 4 colors in one of them.

With these restrictions I created this pic. It was kind of hard at some point. I knew one palette would be used for the skin and red clothes, then I would need green and purple. I had to choose from blue and gray palettes for the final one.

This one was fun to create, but I am not sure I would like to always be so restricted...

Post subject: Re: NES Huey Reane
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, '14, 9:23 pm 
Y'know, this looks great. Even with the restrictions you chose to work under. Also, the hair. You really do that well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, '14, 9:57 pm 
Thank you. I did not really choose those restrictions. They were the conditions for this month's "art jam" in a Phantasy Star group in deviantART. I did like the challenge, though, just would not want to always color like this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, '14, 2:40 am 
Nice work! He looks kind of like a classic hero in an old NES game like Crystalis or something.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, '14, 4:19 am 
Wolf Bird wrote:Y'know, this looks great. Even with the restrictions you chose to work under. Also, the hair. You really do that well.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure the color restrictions must have been tricky, but I really like how they're working together here. (Green and purple together is one of my favorite combinations, actually!)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, '14, 6:18 am 
Mine too! Lots of good Marvel villains use that combo: Kang the Conqueror, Immortus (same guy, don't ask), the Wrecker, the Molecule Man, the Lizard. Also Bushroot from Darkwing Duck.

And I see what you mean with Crystalis now. This could be an "ending" image, I guess. I did try to have "pixelated" stars, even if the rest of the drawing is not done with such defined pixels.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, '14, 12:24 am 
Nice artwork.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, '14, 5:20 pm 
Thank you. Here it is with a somewhat better resolution.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, '16, 6:55 pm 
Nice artwork of Huey ! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, '16, 4:37 pm 
Thank you! :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]