Neifirst...

Discover the secret of Mother Brain's technological advanced world.

Neifirst...

Postby Xeno » Sun Mar 3, '13, 10:54 am

So, I've been thinking... if Nei had not fought her, and the party had not killed Neifirst, but merely, say taken her captive... would Nei still be alive then? :?

And also, would there be a way to stop Neifirst's hatred?
Nei deserved better.

Current project: Phantasy Star - The Age of Numans
Xeno
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 34

Re: Neifirst...

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 7, '13, 3:44 pm

Sure, if they had taken Neifirst didn't die and Nei hadn't rushed in for the solo fight, Nei would have survived. At least, she would have until Neifirst did a suicide attack or something like that.

As for stopping Neifirst's hatred, I don't think there is any way we can say for sure because we don't really know the cause of her hatred. Was it influence from Dark Force? Brainwashing by Mother Brain? Maybe she was just evil and rotten to her core? Her motivation is her hatred, but the reasons behind that hatred were never explored in enough detail.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Snorb » Fri Mar 15, '13, 6:27 pm

Neifirst: (is tied to a chair) I hate every last one of you. >_<
Amy: Here, have some shortcake!
Neifirst: I don't like shortcake. >_<
Shir: Do you like video games?
Neifirst: How the hell am I supposed to play video games if you jerks tied me to a chair?! >_<
Anna: Want a book? I can read it to you-
Neifirst: Your voice sounds like you gargled a bunch of razor blades and ball bearings before you woke up. No thanks. >_<
Shir: Well, you just won a bunch of sitting in a chair until you're nice to us. >_<
Neifirst: If I had my sword, I'd show all of you! Don't mess with me! >_<
Rolf: Yeah, about your stuff... I'm keeping your sword.
Neifirst: What the hell!?
Rolf: (looks at Neifirst's his new plasma sword) Well, this gives me better stat boosts than my laser sword did. And before you ask about the claws, I eBaya'ed them.
Neifirst: Dammit, I loved those claws! >_<
Rudo: Well, I had to pay to get Hugh revived somehow!
Kain: Don' lookit me, hon. Ah tried t' talk 'em outta revivin' Hugh an' gettin' me parts fer a new napalm rifle.
Neifirst: (Amy stuffs a piece of shortcake in her mouth) You guys all suck. ;_;
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby R-90-2 » Fri Mar 15, '13, 7:14 pm

The true horror of Mother Brain's perfect system- shortcake is even harder to find.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Xeno » Sat Mar 16, '13, 7:09 pm

Ha ha ha! You two just made my day... Thanks!
Seriously, this is what they should've done in the game! If I remake the game on RPGMaker (RM2k is IDEAL for this!), I'm gonna include something like that!
Nei deserved better.

Current project: Phantasy Star - The Age of Numans
Xeno
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 34

Postby Erpy » Sun Jul 14, '13, 12:59 pm

There's a theory that the girl who was adopted by the couple who worked at the biolab and who were killed by a mob led by Darum (as referred to in Nei's adventure) was actually the person we came to know as Neifirst. ("Nei" was simply what they called her and the Nei we knew ended up inheriting those memories including being called that way) The splitting never took place until after Darum burned down her original home. Afterwards, the orphan split into two halves in some way. One who clung to the name and memories that she had during the time where she was part of a family and who wanted nothing more than to find a place to live in peace again. The other who was consumed by hate and merely wanted to forget her painful memories as quickly as possible and who was only concerned with tormenting the society that spurned her.

Neifirst having been raised by biolab technicians would go a long way towards explaining why Neifirst wasn't a grownup feral child when you meet her, but rather a young woman who was able to speak the palman language and who possessed the technical and biological know-how needed to mess up the biolab. Mother Brain didn't really need to interact with Neifirst in any way, just allow her access to the system from afar. While Neifirsts biomonsters were unlikely to exterminate society (since monsters avoid bigger settlements), they'd be an effective herding tactic to concentrate the planet's entire population in only a handful of places.

Seeing how PS2's theme seemed to be "humans are d-bags" (see the ending) an ordinary brainwashing would be a bit of a copout and given how Nei was treated, not even necessary.
Last edited by Erpy on Sun Jul 14, '13, 12:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Erpy
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 26

Postby myau56 » Sun Feb 2, '14, 9:18 pm

ERPY : very interesting theory ! Thanks about sending it here :) But how was the orphan able to split then ? Hard to tell ! But as a Bio monster breed, maybe that can explain it.

I now must play all those text adventures ! I've started some of them but I've never finsihed and I'm sure that it will be very interesting to do it.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Hukos » Thu Feb 6, '14, 9:16 pm

I'm wondering where the theory came from in the first place, since I've never heard anything like that before.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 4, '14, 2:56 am

Now that I read it, I was wondering the same. Don't get me wrong, I like that theory a lot. It solves several plot holes.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Zio_Falz » Sat Nov 15, '14, 1:32 am

The Reviver wrote:So, I've been thinking... if Nei had not fought her, and the party had not killed Neifirst, but merely, say taken her captive... would Nei still be alive then? :?

And also, would there be a way to stop Neifirst's hatred?

yeah just think, had rolf called in sick that first day. after all, he had a cat-girl in his bed. wouldnt yoou?
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Next

Return to Phantasy Star II