Nei Weapons

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: Nei Weapons

Postby Neithird » Sat Jun 23, '07, 6:55 pm

I suppose Lutz could warp the PSII party aboard the Alisa III and have them leave the weapons there, but why would he? Lutz would probably want them to stay in Algo for the next 1,000 year appearance of DF.

Maybe he knew there was a DF on one of the ships? If he did, I think he would try to send someone out to defeat it. I don't think it's the same set of weapons, but that seems like a possible explanation.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Jun 23, '07, 8:26 pm

That is of course assuming they weren't slaughtered to the last man by the Earthmen.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Tue Jun 26, '07, 6:01 am

Yeah. ;) I've read that in the Japanese game, the ending wasn't left so open. I guess closure is another thing they got that we missed out on. :lol:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 10, '07, 9:33 am

It'd be strange to me if they had included the Nei claw in PS2, seeing as how, Nei, would be gone by the end...
So they might have had a lot of the same weapons and some other one. But I really couldn't know.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Fogeltje » Mon Jan 21, '08, 3:37 pm

Neithird wrote:Yeah. ;) I've read that in the Japanese game, the ending wasn't left so open. I guess closure is another thing they got that we missed out on. :lol:

Hmm, could you perhaps post the Japanese ending? I have never heard of it so far.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby newsblade » Wed Jan 23, '08, 2:08 pm

I think weapons, armor, items or even beings (ex: Rika) called "NEI" are related to a "project" to destruct Dark Force and PD. NEI-weapons are weapons choosed/made by its special characteristics - they are powerful and/or legendary. This doesn’t invalidate any of the opinions posted here, so I think this idea is fine to me.

Even so... could NEI weapons be the same in PS2 and PS3?

It'd be strange to me if they had included the Nei claw in PS2, seeing as how, Nei, would be gone by the end...
So they might have had a lot of the same weapons and some other one. But I really couldn't know.

It's true that not all NEI-weapons were in Dezo Dungeons (ex: NEI-sword and NEI-claw* from PS4drama). In this case the only missing weapon would be the NEI-bow which nobody is able to use (so it would not make sense to appear, just like the claw didn't appear in PS2). So... let's us imagine that NEI-weapons from PS3 are the same NEI-w from PS2. Who came first? The NEI-weapons from PS2 or the NEI-weapons from PS3?**

If NEI-weapons from PS3 came first then that means someone (like Mieu or Searen) that came from spaceship noah (for instance) could have given that NEI-items to the pre-PSII-Espers take care in order to defeat dark force in PS2. Some of them were guarded in Dezo dungeons (ex: slicer and gun) and some inside esper mansion (sword and claw*). In that case the claw was from Mieu and the gun from Searen... witch were the only heroes that could survive from PS3... and if it was Mieu and Searen who gave the weapons where are they right now? Before speculating about that let's see the other perspective first.

If NEI-weapons came from PS2 and were given to people from AlisaIII I really don't understand how NEI-claw* could be on PS4drama. And even if NEI-claw from PS4drama is not a NEI-claw but the last claw used by nei2nd I can't understand how those NEI-weapons (supposedly created by pre-PS2espers) just needed to became again Nei-weapons (weren't they already Nei weapons?)... Anyway it’s possible they lost it's power/charge during the years but Rolf and his team aboard Alisa III would only have 3 NEI-weapons - Lutz could give the missing 2 (claw and bow) but for what purpose, since nobody can used it? And why now, since they previously had to fought dark force?

---
* If that's a real NEI-claw, because it could simply be a regular claw nei2nd used before die. "Nei" word is ambiguous (or maybe not).
** The question only works if we assume that Aron's ending really happened and alisaiii spaceship "helped" earthman to find algol.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so the only plausible explanation (besides that one witch says they simple are different NEI weapons, with no relation at all – witch is pretty fine) is that PS3 “legendary weapons” became “NEI-weapons” and (with that black hole voyage to the past) they eventually were given to espers (the other sages) in pre-PS2 in order to guard them to future Dark Force appearances.
But if Mieu and Searen made it so far... they couldn't simply disappear... unless they went (again) into Alisa III to help... Orakio (again) - in that case Mieu would (somehow) become Miun and Searen would (somehow) be Siren, witch both would have a sad ending... this would become even more sad… / and could lead to a change in the future of Arisa III (well there are 4 possibilities), who knows?

~what was going on in my mind when I wrote this?
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Celeith » Wed Jan 23, '08, 6:05 pm

Well as we see in PSII and PSIII the weapons are not really Nei weapons until a Esper such as Lutz and the people of Skyhaven, who I believe are of Esper descent make them so. Such as Lutz makes you find all the weapons, then he turns them into magical weapons giving the name of Nei. In PSIII, after you obtain the weapons and learn the word Nei you return to Skyhaven, and in return the people transform the weapons by giving them the name Nei. I think the word Nei is a bit more than what we know. I can't remember the direct definition of Nei but i think its like Nei is Nei, the human who is not human, or something like that. But i also think the word Nei also means Hope. Just throwing this out there lets think of this. At times, if you would in PSII there would be some times Rolf would just want to give up (if the game had been explained more, generations 2 deals with this from what i've been able to read) But despite all that before and even after her death Nei gave him hope to go on. The Nei weapons, even though they may be named differently at times they are still the Hope of our future.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby newsblade » Wed Jan 23, '08, 6:59 pm

Yes, what you said makes perfectly sence. Nei word has a meaning (like hope for instance).

Such as Lutz makes you find all the weapons, then he turns them into magical weapons giving the name of Nei

In PS2 when Lutz wakes up says: «You, Rolf, must arm yourself for battle. One valuable item is the aeroprism-- it will let you see that which cannot be seen. Also arm yourself with Nei's weapons. Prepare yourself, and then I will tell you about the enemy's plans.»

and if we return without nei weapons he says: «Before the dark power reigns over Algo, we must get the legendary arms together.»

I depreend from here that they were already NEI-weapons in PS2 (witch is the different from PS3 weapons because they only became NEI after espers/sages turns into them)... but why legendary?
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Snorb » Wed Jan 23, '08, 10:10 pm

I think the more interesting question here isn't "Are PSIII's Nei Sword, Nei Slicer, and Nei Shot the same as PSII's Neisword, Neislasher, and Neishot?" (probably not), but "What the hell happened to the other Nei equipment Lutz sent us on that fetch quest and a half for?!"

PSII had six pieces of armor that, like a certain sword, rifle, and slasher (and potentially claw and composite bow), share the same name as everyone's favorite purple-haired Numan: The Nei Shield, Nei Emel, Nei Helmet, Nei Crown, Nei Armor, and Nei Cape. PSIII doesn't have any of these (at least in the US version)- Rhys's grandson and his friends only get Planar/Royal armor to go up against Dark Force.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 23, '08, 11:38 pm

newsblade wrote:I depreend from here that they were already NEI-weapons in PS2 (witch is the different from PS3 weapons because they only became NEI after espers/sages turns into them)... but why legendary?

That, plus Lutz's line, makes me wonder if there might have been a person named Nei somewhere in the history of Algo or the Espers, before PSII.

newsblade wrote:Anyway it’s possible they lost it's power/charge during the years but Rolf and his team aboard Alisa III would only have 3 NEI-weapons - Lutz could give the missing 2 (claw and bow) but for what purpose, since nobody can used it? And why now, since they previously had to fought dark force?

I'm sure Lutz must have known there was a Dark Force aboard the ships escaping Palma. Since he is the most powerful Esper, I can't imagine that he wouldn't be aware of it. He could have sent the claw and bow, along with a few Espers, to Alisa III to assist Rolf and company. They might meet someone who could use them there.

Snorb wrote:"What the hell happened to the other Nei equipment Lutz sent us on that fetch quest and a half for?!

My guess would be that Orakio and Laya had it when they fought Dark Force. They had the sword and bow, and their generals had the other weapons, so it's plausible that they might have collected all the equipment. Since Orakio and Laya were lost without a trace, I suppose the other equipment was lost with them.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series