Nei's End

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Nei's End

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 6, '08, 8:08 am

After fighting the evil Neifirst, Nei has fallen from her wounds. She is unable to continue and collapses in Rolf's arms. She begs him to prevent the creation of more artifical life forms. Sadly, not even Rolf could stop that mistake from being repeated by future generations.

Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Thu Mar 6, '08, 8:13 am

May I be the first person to actually say this.... HOLY CRAP A PSII IMAGE OF THE DAY
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Mar 6, '08, 3:04 pm

Has been a while, huh? :lol:

Though I'm not sure if future artificial life forms were necessarily a mistake (referring to Rika)...she turned out okay, unless something absolutely horrible happens after PSIV.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 6, '08, 5:30 pm

I thought a little change of pace might be nice. ;) That, and making maps of the Air Castle has been frustrating lately, so I haven't made much new progress on PSIV.

Caged Wolf wrote:Though I'm not sure if future artificial life forms were necessarily a mistake (referring to Rika)...she turned out okay, unless something absolutely horrible happens after PSIV.

I was thinking more of the drama CD, with the new evil Numan and the reborn Nei. Rika was a much better result.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Shinuzzo » Thu Mar 6, '08, 6:25 pm

Thoul wrote:I thought a little change of pace might be nice. ;) That, and making maps of the Air Castle has been frustrating lately, so I haven't made much new progress on PSIV.

Caged Wolf wrote:Though I'm not sure if future artificial life forms were necessarily a mistake (referring to Rika)...she turned out okay, unless something absolutely horrible happens after PSIV.

I was thinking more of the drama CD, with the new evil Numan and the reborn Nei. Rika was a much better result.

Unless someone manages to horribly anger Rika and that results in the birth of Rikasecond.

I'm guessing there were some more numans created between post-PSII and the events of the drama CD. Surely Seed would have created someone during those 997 years.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby newsblade » Thu Mar 6, '08, 11:56 pm

Nei1st was the first type of the NM1000 series. Less than 1000 years latter, the systems recollected nei2nd cells/fragments and continued the project reaching the next series (NM2000). Until the dead of Nei3rd's (a direct clone of Nei2nd's "fragments" - also a NM1000), there were a lot of numans ("sisters" - who were already NM2000) but they practically didn't leave their capsules (only by computer's orders or so) and they could only live for 4 years max.

Nei3rd: Yes, for instance, humans can have children and give their lives meaning. But you know I.. er, no, we neitypes. Aren’t able to do that. Moreover, our lifespan lasts only 3 or 4 years. It's so short that you can't even compare it to a human's.
(...) I was told that they're working on making neitypes that won't be like that. They'll be able to live just like humans do.

Rika was the first numan to have a normal lifespan (she is the final Numan version, which would be a NM3000 (but it wasn't serialized - she seems to be the only numan at that time), and marked the end of Nei project).
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Shinuzzo » Fri Mar 7, '08, 2:57 am

Yeah, even if Nei hadn't been killed she would have only had a few more years left to live. She was pretty much doomed either way. Unless Hugh could somehow reverse the power of Gen so Nei aged slower.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Mar 7, '08, 3:18 am

It reminds me of those scenes where someone is lost in thought and all of a sudden they say. IVE GOT IT!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Snorb » Fri Mar 7, '08, 3:21 am

Wow, that actually sucks about Nei's very limited lifespan. (Never knew about the drama CDs, though.)

The more I look at that picture (and its aftermath), the more it looks like one of those screenshots from a dating sim right before you kiss the girl.

Rolf: Hrrm... let's see.... I choose...
Amy: (imitates her character picture) *giggle*
Anna: I don't care either way.
Shir: You so totally want me, Rolf.
Rolf: Umm... I choose... Nei!
Nei: (imitates the Nei's End picture)
Amy, Anna, and Shir: *sweatdrop*
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Shinuzzo » Fri Mar 7, '08, 6:23 am

I think a Phantasy Star II dating sim would be amusing. Of course you would have to add in the weapon shop girl, the teleport station girl, Teim, the clone lab grandma, and Sherry (from Generation 2). The two bad endings would be where Rolf ends up with Neifirst or Mother Brain.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Next

Return to Featured Images