Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Nei's End
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 8:08 am 
After fighting the evil Neifirst, Nei has fallen from her wounds. She is unable to continue and collapses in Rolf's arms. She begs him to prevent the creation of more artifical life forms. Sadly, not even Rolf could stop that mistake from being repeated by future generations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 8:13 am 
May I be the first person to actually say this.... HOLY CRAP A PSII IMAGE OF THE DAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 3:04 pm 
Has been a while, huh? :lol:

Though I'm not sure if future artificial life forms were necessarily a mistake (referring to Rika)...she turned out okay, unless something absolutely horrible happens after PSIV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 5:30 pm 
I thought a little change of pace might be nice. ;) That, and making maps of the Air Castle has been frustrating lately, so I haven't made much new progress on PSIV.

Caged Wolf wrote:Though I'm not sure if future artificial life forms were necessarily a mistake (referring to Rika)...she turned out okay, unless something absolutely horrible happens after PSIV.

I was thinking more of the drama CD, with the new evil Numan and the reborn Nei. Rika was a much better result.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 6:25 pm 
Thoul wrote:I thought a little change of pace might be nice. ;) That, and making maps of the Air Castle has been frustrating lately, so I haven't made much new progress on PSIV.

Caged Wolf wrote:Though I'm not sure if future artificial life forms were necessarily a mistake (referring to Rika)...she turned out okay, unless something absolutely horrible happens after PSIV.

I was thinking more of the drama CD, with the new evil Numan and the reborn Nei. Rika was a much better result.

Unless someone manages to horribly anger Rika and that results in the birth of Rikasecond.

I'm guessing there were some more numans created between post-PSII and the events of the drama CD. Surely Seed would have created someone during those 997 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 11:56 pm 
Nei1st was the first type of the NM1000 series. Less than 1000 years latter, the systems recollected nei2nd cells/fragments and continued the project reaching the next series (NM2000). Until the dead of Nei3rd's (a direct clone of Nei2nd's "fragments" - also a NM1000), there were a lot of numans ("sisters" - who were already NM2000) but they practically didn't leave their capsules (only by computer's orders or so) and they could only live for 4 years max.

Quote:Nei3rd: Yes, for instance, humans can have children and give their lives meaning. But you know I.. er, no, we neitypes. Aren’t able to do that. Moreover, our lifespan lasts only 3 or 4 years. It's so short that you can't even compare it to a human's.
(...) I was told that they're working on making neitypes that won't be like that. They'll be able to live just like humans do.

Rika was the first numan to have a normal lifespan (she is the final Numan version, which would be a NM3000 (but it wasn't serialized - she seems to be the only numan at that time), and marked the end of Nei project).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 7, '08, 2:57 am 
Yeah, even if Nei hadn't been killed she would have only had a few more years left to live. She was pretty much doomed either way. Unless Hugh could somehow reverse the power of Gen so Nei aged slower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 7, '08, 3:18 am 
It reminds me of those scenes where someone is lost in thought and all of a sudden they say. IVE GOT IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 7, '08, 3:21 am 
Wow, that actually sucks about Nei's very limited lifespan. (Never knew about the drama CDs, though.)

The more I look at that picture (and its aftermath), the more it looks like one of those screenshots from a dating sim right before you kiss the girl.

Rolf: Hrrm... let's see.... I choose...
Amy: (imitates her character picture) *giggle*
Anna: I don't care either way.
Shir: You so totally want me, Rolf.
Rolf: Umm... I choose... Nei!
Nei: (imitates the Nei's End picture)
Amy, Anna, and Shir: *sweatdrop*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 7, '08, 6:23 am 
I think a Phantasy Star II dating sim would be amusing. Of course you would have to add in the weapon shop girl, the teleport station girl, Teim, the clone lab grandma, and Sherry (from Generation 2). The two bad endings would be where Rolf ends up with Neifirst or Mother Brain.

Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next