Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 

Nei in dire straits

Nei in dire straits

View Gallery Page

Post subject: Nei in dire straits
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, '11, 2:10 am 
Well, there comes another one.

As I´m just a beginner, I´m drawing just black and white sketches. I´m trying to experiment on different angles, to see if I can first perfect the sketch art. I know coloring is a much harder step.

This drawing started as another thing, but then the face was so Nei that I couldn´t do other thing than to convert it into a Nei drawing.

There is a somewhat humorous take on a homeless Nei. I know she was supposed to be younger when homeless, but I´ve drawn a full grown-up Nei trying to live by herself.

Last edited by tilinelson2 on Wed Mar 23, '11, 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Nei in dire straits
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, '11, 7:22 am 
I think it's a good plan to work on the sketching aspect before getting into coloring. Learn one thing before taking on another. Maybe one day you can revisit early drawings for coloring when you've improved sketching.

You have a concept here that I particularly enjoy. Nei setting at the fire and using her claws as a cooking instrument is an appealing idea.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, '11, 3:46 pm 
If I may make a few suggestions:

- She needs a bit more flesh on the arms
- Her legs need to be stronger and longer in proportion to her torso

Observation: She's a bit healthy in the chest, isn't she? ;)

Still, pretty good for someone who's starting out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, '11, 3:59 pm 
I knew her legs were a bit thinner than they were supposed to be, but I'd already redrawn them so many times that I'd spoil the paper sheet if I kept erasing it.

As for her "healthy chest", why not a bit of fanservice for one of my PS sweethearts :p

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, '11, 4:45 am 
Another pretty good drawing, tilinelson2! You're doing great for a beginner in this field, so to speak. Keep drawing and practicing, and you will only keep getting better and better. :)

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]