Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 

Nei and Neifirst

Nei and Neifirst

View Gallery Page

Post subject: Nei and Neifirst.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 1, '11, 3:36 pm 
This is the first one I did for my remix stuff, but I'm finally getting around to uploading it here. It was actually a very small drawing, but I like it at this size. It shows a bit of roughness, because I drew it pretty quickly (for me, anyway).

I like Nei and Neifirst so much I'm going to have to draw them again at some point.

Post subject: Re: Nei and Neifirst.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 3, '11, 4:12 am 
I believe I said this elsewhere, but I like the way the tree reflects the personalities of the two. One side is harsher and more monstrous, while the other side is pure and clean. Most PS fan art is simply showing a character in some situation and there's nothing at all wrong with that. However, I do like that you've gone for a more symbolic route with this piece.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 4, '11, 7:14 pm 
I very much appreciate it, because I basically wouldn't let myself draw these two until I had some kind of concept behind it. Their story is so interwoven that it seemed like a shame not to comment on it in some way.

I'm currently casting about for some kind of way to present Lassic in an interesting light. I don't know much about him, outside of the general plots of PS I and IV, so I only have vague ideas. I might wind up just drawing him in the usual intimidating and arrogant stance, which definitely works for him.

And I'm almost certainly going to do one with Zio just looking awesome, with the shadow of Dark Force right behind him!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, '11, 4:31 pm 
Really attracts your attention. I can't wait to see your other works.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, '11, 8:07 pm 
The contrast / connection here with Nei and Neifirst is amazing. The tree is magnificent and at that size you can see all the spectacular details or features of everything. Every time you look you see something different. I like it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, '11, 11:30 pm 
Thank you both very much! It's funny, I really did blow this one up in the magnification process. It's really a very small drawing. That's probably why my eyes are so bad. And why I can't read my own handwriting (partly, anyway).

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]