Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: National Doughnut Day
PostPosted: Fri Jun 5, '09, 5:44 pm 
Today is National Doughnut Day! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Doughnut_Day

Thought I would put this here in the "Delectable Delicacises" thread because I think it fits here (yum,yum), but if Thoul wants to move it to the holiday thread, that's fine with me. :)

Now, I think in honor of this special day and occassion, we should all celebrate and have some doughnuts to eat today....whadda ya think???? :hyper:

I'll take a delicious, gooey, Krispy Kreme..mmmmm! :burp:

What kind / flavor of Doughnut will you have? :wink:

Post subject: Re: National Doughnut Day
PostPosted: Sat Jun 6, '09, 1:11 pm 
I happened to be in Kmart yesterday and saw they had doughnuts on sale, so I got a pack of little ones. I wonder if they knew about the holiday or not, though...

It's a pity there isn't a National Shortcake Day. That would be a holiday any Phantasy Star fan could get behind!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 6, '09, 4:00 pm 
I didn't eat any doughnuts yesterday...not that I do very frequently anyway.

I bet there is a national shortcake day, Thoul. But it's just one of those random obscure holidays. But I bet it's there...we just need to find it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 6, '09, 8:33 pm 
I don't think there is one. At least, Google turns up nothing about it. There is a "National Strawberry Shortcake Day" next week, but that's the closest thing I can find.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 6, '09, 9:00 pm 
Carbs! Carb alert! And not good carbs.... high-glycaemic index bad carbs like refined white flour and sugar. Run for the hills! :yikes: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 6, '09, 9:03 pm 
Thoul wrote:There is a "National Strawberry Shortcake Day" next week

Oh, so all other shortcakes get ignored. That's too bad. I guess we have to settle with that. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 7, '09, 12:51 am 
Srijita wrote: Run for the hills! :yikes: :lol:

Well if you want to make it an awesome run, play some Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills" and you'll get up there quick :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 7, '09, 8:01 pm 
Darkil wrote:Well if you want to make it an awesome run, play some Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills" and you'll get up there quick :D

Funnily enough, the old friend who first introduced me to the Phantasy Star game series was a big fan of heavy metal and Iron Maiden in particular. We're only in intermittent touch nowadays, but your suggestion almost made me nostalgic for the days when my e-mail inbox was full of Iron Maiden MIDI files. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, '09, 3:22 pm 
The irony of this, Srijita, is after talking to you about this, I put the song on my PC so I could listen to it for the rest the day

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]