National Arboretum Eagle cam

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

National Arboretum Eagle cam

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Mar 17, '16, 4:35 pm

There's a pair of Bald Eagles nesting in the National Arboretum in Washington DC - apparently the first pair since the 1940s. They've been nesting there since 2014 and have successfully reared chicks. A conservation organization, in cooperation with government agencies, has mounted a camera feed by the nest that live streams 24/7. The first egg started hatching last night, and they have second egg that may start hatching this weekend.

http://dceaglecam.eagles.org

Edit: If you're like me and really love this stuff, here are several more camera feeds I'm aware of of formerly endangered birds nesting in major metropolitan areas.

National Aviary Pittsburgh area nest cams - two pairs of Peregrine Falcons nest in Pittsburgh, and there are also feeds of two different pairs of nesting Bald Eagles along the riverbanks in the city.
PA Falcon cam - there's one pair of Peregrine Falcons that nest on the aptly named Rachel Carson building in Harrisburg, PA, which houses the State Department of Environmental Protection.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu Mar 17, '16, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: National Arboretum Eagle cam

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 20, '16, 8:58 pm

Haven't had time to watch much of the Eagles, however, I think it is terrific! Also wanted to mention that I was watching ABC World News Tonight on Friday evening when they always have their pick of the week and this week they choose the Eagles story and those that are helping it to be seen, etc.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Amazing Animals