Nashville Star

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Nashville Star

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jun 10, '08, 7:57 pm

Anyone see this new series that premiered last night on NBC, called " Nashville Star " and hosted by Billy Ray Cyrus? It is sort of a country - American Idol - show, I think is the best way to sum it up.

I watched most of last night's show and it was pretty good. They had some good singers on there, and it is going to be hard to choose from some of them to find one that can "win" the title. They also sung some good country songs.

I think they let the wrong contestant go last night, though. He was a pretty good singer, I think. Too bad. Should be interesting to see who goes home next week, and who stays.

I wasn't sure where to put this here in the Tune section or in the Screen scene section, since it is a TV show about music, but I decided to put it here. Thoul, you can move it, if you want. :wink:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jun 17, '08, 5:41 pm

Watched Nashville Star again last night. (it's on monday nights on NBC at 8 or 9 p.m., i forget). It was pretty good show last night. One of the groups got eliminated from the competition (they deserved to be eliminated, I thought).

I don't think it was right that one of the contestants got to sing a song made famous by one of the judges (seems like that should be a conflict of interests, or something, ya know?). But, the guy did do very well on the song. It was "Save a horse, ride a cowboy". Good song, with a good beat, no matter who sings it.

Anyone else watching this show? If so, what do you think about the show and the contestants? Any favorites or non-favorites yet?

It's always good to see Billy Ray Cyrus (host of the show) anyway, anytime. :wink:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Tootin' Tunes