Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nashville Floods
PostPosted: Sat May 8, '10, 9:56 pm 
There has been a lot of flooding in Nashville lately due to heavy rains in the area, and some of the area's music giants, The Grand Old Opry House, and Country Music Hall Of Fame, etc., are having some difficulties due to all the flooding:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... ikely.html

Bad news for singer Kenny Chesney's house too. :(

Post subject: Re: Nashville Floods
PostPosted: Sun May 9, '10, 6:25 pm 
I feel for the people that have lost, or will lose, their homes to flooding. It's bad because flooding will leave the building standing, but can cause it to rot from the inside after the water has gone.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, '10, 1:25 pm 
My in-laws live around Nashville. When the flooding began, my mother-in-law and step-father-in-law were staying with friends at their house near the river, and lost both of their vehicles and camper. They also had to be rescued by boat, and their friends' house is a total loss (same with the camper and cars). The good news is that their own house is built on high ground and wasn't affected by the flooding at all. Same with my sister-in-law; her place is fine.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, '10, 5:33 pm 
I'm glad there is some good news for them, even in the face of losing what they did.

Also, this is why I live in a house on a hill: almost no worries about flooding.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]