Cartoons

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Cartoons

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 24, '07, 5:47 pm

What are your favorite cartoons (tv or otherwise)?

It's been awhile since I watched any cartoons, but I pretty much like them all to some extent.

Some of my favorites are "TMNT", Rocky (Squirrel) & Bullwinkle (Moose), and Popeye. Bugs Bunny is pretty funny too. :rofl:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Thu Oct 25, '07, 10:25 am

I loved Popeye! Used to watch it when I was younger, and I still enjoy it. :mrgreen: I also liked Betty Boop whenever I saw it, as my mom would record old cartoons on tapes.

As for other things...

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Johnny Bravo
Dexter's Laboratory
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Fairly Odd Parents
Jimmy Neutron
Invader Zim
Pepe Le Pew cartoons
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
SpongeBob SquarePants
DuckTales
Family Guy

As you can see, I love cartoons and many of them! I know there's more, but here's a list. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Thu Oct 25, '07, 3:16 pm

I liked Batman, Superman, and Justice League. They were all part of the same little universe, so they made neat stories. In classic cartoons, I used to watch Woody Woodpecker and Tom & Jerry a lot. They were always good for a laugh! :hyper:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Thu Oct 25, '07, 9:07 pm

Neithird wrote:I liked Batman, Superman, and Justice League. They were all part of the same little universe, so they made neat stories. In classic cartoons, I used to watch Woody Woodpecker and Tom & Jerry a lot. They were always good for a laugh! :hyper:

D'oh! I knew I forgotten some. :D I did like Batman and the Justice League, too. :yes:

I never did like Tom and Jerry, since I felt sorry for Tom when he got beat up. :(
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 25, '07, 11:42 pm

When I was a kid, I used to watch all the major action cartoons of the 80s. Transformers, He-Man, Thundercats, and that group of franchises that is being revived a lot these days. Good stuff, but alas most of it didn't age well. And I followed Batman and the shows branching off that. They lasted what, nearly 15 years? It doesn't seem like that long ago.

Also Looney Tunes and Popeye. I was never much of one for Disney, Woody Woodpecker, or Tom & Jerry (though I would watch T&J if there was nothing better on). I wish some of those were still on the air today.

Pretty much the only cartoon I watch these days is Avatar on Nick. It's surprisingly deep and well made. I enjoy it more than most current live action shows.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Fri Oct 26, '07, 5:08 pm

Oh, I forgot about TMNT. I like the new show that started a few years ago. The old one was okay, but I never got into it that well.

I never did like Tom and Jerry, since I felt sorry for Tom when he got beat up. :(

Poor Tom took a lot of abuse, didn't he? :gloomy: I always hated when the gray dog appeared, because it meant Tom was going to get a beating. :ouch:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Rudo » Sat Oct 27, '07, 12:12 am

I like to watch Garfield. That cat is hilarious! :lol:

I like Dudley Doo-Right, Royal Canadian Mounties too. He always saved the day for whatever her name was - it escapes me right now. Evil Snidley Whiplash was quite a character.

George of the Jungle was pretty funny. Watch out for that tree.......! :rofl:

I also liked to watch Yogi Bear and his little pal, boo-boo, and the Park Ranger guy.
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Tsunami » Sat Oct 27, '07, 2:25 am

Rudo wrote:I like to watch Garfield. That cat is hilarious! :lol:
Another one I loved when I was a little kid! :mrgreen: I miss that show.

George of the Jungle was pretty funny. Watch out for that tree.......! :rofl:
I also liked that one. Shame it's not on TV anymore.

Another cartoon I really liked was Inspector Gadget. Go Gadget, go! :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 27, '07, 8:01 pm

Tsunami wrote:Another cartoon I really liked was Inspector Gadget. Go Gadget, go! :D

Reading this post, it dawned on me that a lot of "cartoons" have been made into movies in the past few years.

Garfield, TMNT, and Inspector Gadget, I know have both been made into big screen movies. Any others?

What did everyone think of the cartoons vs the movie adaptions? Do you think the movie stayed true to the cartoon, etc?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 27, '07, 8:13 pm

Garfield and Gadget! I used to watch those all the time, too. They were great. I watched Heathcliff too, when I could. It was only on a station that we could barely receive, so some days it was watchable and others it was just static.

Garfield, TMNT, and Inspector Gadget, I know have both been made into big screen movies. Any others?

There was a George of the Jungle movie (maybe 2) and I think a Dudley Doo-Right movie as well. They aren't quite as recent, but also not too old.

The Garfield movies were great. I really should watch them again sometime soon.

TMNT was good, but the style of the CGI characters took some getting used to. Gadget was so-so. It wasn't bad, but it didn't have as much in common with the cartoon as I would have liked.

I've seen trailers for an Alvin and the Chipmunks movie that is coming up. That's the next cartoon->movie revival I know about.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Next

Return to Tubular Television