$80,000.00 New Electric Car

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

$80,000.00 New Electric Car

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jan 14, '08, 8:46 pm

Wow, that's a high price to pay for a car? So, what do you think about this new electric car, or electric cars in general?

Do you think they will ever replace the current gas cars, etc?

And, what about the lithium connection - would that give you cause for concern, or not?

Would you buy one of these electric cars?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1200278 ... lenews_wsj
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Rudo » Tue Jan 15, '08, 3:48 am

If I had all that money, absolutely not! I would use it to buy something else that I want more.

I am skeptical about these new inventions anyway. I'll believe they really work when it has been tried and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Jan 15, '08, 6:15 am

Thats good in all, but it still needs gas! Can't they just make some super car, that uses sunlight to drive! Then they wouldn't even have to worry about people being out late at night! XDDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 15, '08, 10:57 pm

Electric cars are the wave of the future. They've been around for years, but now the technology is being more seriously considered as gas prices go higher and higher. I wouldn't buy one for $80k, but I wouldn't mind having a more reasonably priced electric instead of a gas powered car.

The other day, I saw a program about electric cars on TV. They were showcasing a new technology for recharging the battery. It was rigged so that when you used the brakes, the energy from that is directed to the battery and recharges it a little. I thought that was interesting.

And, what about the lithium connection - would that give you cause for concern, or not?

No. The article talks about the problems with laptop batteries, but IMO that was just a case of shoddy workmanship. Cars are a completely different beast. With all the safety tests and checks a car has to go through, I wouldn't be worried about the battery.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Casual Conversation