Myau or not?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Is the Old Man really Myau?

Of course!
50%
No, he's a different Cat.
33%
I'm not sure?
17%

Total votes : 12

Re: Myau or not?

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jun 13, '07, 1:31 am

Neithird wrote:That whole scene was for Chaz's (and the player's :p) benefit, to show him the people that had sacrified their lives for Algo before. If they included the whole PS4 cast, it wouldn't have had the same impact. They did show Alys, but I think that was mainly to give it more affect on Chaz.

So they were brainwashing him? :lol:

Nah, in all seriousness, I see what you're getting at. Makes sense to me! :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby newsblade » Mon Jan 7, '08, 11:58 pm

Again could be a clone, but… Old Man is definitely Myau!

First of all, I'm not sure that musk cat can live for 2000 years.

There is no clue if a Musk cat can leave 3 or 3000 years, but they call him OLD man for some reason. Even if a musk cat cannot leave so long there are things that could have caused her to be alive: consequences of eating a Laerma Nuts or have been cryogenic like Arisa (in Gaiden) and Lutz (in PS2). I believe he has more than 2000 years because of his lack of memory.

It's really strange... I have a feeling that this is not the first time we've met

Apperently he is talking with Lutz - the 5th or with Rika (the Numan = Human+Muskcat) or even with the game player (we). Anyway it is a strong sentence that makes me believe he is Myau.

This is a treasure that has been passed on generation after generation.

What about this information retrieved from Phantasy Star Drama CD (Sealed Memories)?

«Roy knows where the dome is, but for a price. In exchange for her [Nei Third's] left-hand claw and the ring around her neck, Roy gives her a map to the dome and as "change" he gives her the Nei Claw. The Nei Claw is an ancient relic which has been passed down his family for generations, datin gback to a time when a blue-haired young man came to the town to save it from monsters.»

This is talking about two claws: The nei claw and the left-handed claw nei3rd is wearing (I will call "Nei3rd claw" for short). I believe Nei claw is actualy silver fang or silver tusk, but, in any case, after Nei3rd death Lutz could have gave the silver tusk back to Myau for it/her to keep until the arrive of the choosen protector (Rika).

The hang up is definitely the Elsydeon scene, since that indicates he's dead, right?

Well, have you visited Myau's cave after receiving Elsydon? You'll find out that he died after giving the silver tusk.... ok, just kidding.

I don't believe Elsydeon had shown everyone witch died protecting Algol but every "Protector" (owner of that title) that scarified (not in the literal sense) him/herself to protect Algol -> everyone who fulfilled the mission he/she was meant to.

I believe the only ones who didn't appear were the "protectors" who didn't fulfill their mission yet. Myau did its job in PS1 and Lutz did the same (that's why he didn’t fight along with Eusis in PS2 and didn't appear in Elsydeon's PS2 scenes). Alys has fulfilled her mission too (fight DarkForce, Zio and special by protection the chosen one (Rudy) - she's dead right now so there wasn't more she could do to protect Algol ... her mission as a protector is complete).

Anyway I was completely satisfied with the answer that Elsydeon vision was only a resume of battle-history of Algol until this critical moment. It is a powerful conversation between the 1st hero (Arisa) and the last (Rudy), which gave him strength, especially on an occasion of doubt, witch he didn't know very well what to do at that time.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Jan 8, '08, 1:56 am

So wait, if they died once they were done protecting, does that mean Chaz and Rika and the bunch still have some protecting to do? XD
Kitty is Myau, kitty told me so, meow.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby newsblade » Tue Jan 8, '08, 2:02 pm

Hmmm no I don't think dying is a requisite =) if so, killing our friends before meet Elsydeon would make them to appear in the scene (or simply "resurrect" Eusis, for instance, would rip him of that vision as well).

Actually I think Hahn, Gryz, Demi, Wren, Raja, Rika, Kyra, Chaz and even Rune (in spite of being Lutz) were still in active, so there would be no purpose to show them in that "vision".

Only the "retired" ones (death or not) could be a testimonial to Chaz, especially Alys (Elsydeon "vision" is a kind of conversation with Arisa through Chaz' eyes ("one image is better than a thousand words"). In "Phantasy star V" the rest of the team would certainly appear in another Elsydeon vision because their mission is completed and so they could be a good testimony for the next protectors.

Ok, ok, i just want the Old Man to be Myau, that's all.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 9, '08, 11:07 pm

«Roy knows where the dome is, but for a price. In exchange for her [Nei Third's] left-hand claw and the ring around her neck, Roy gives her a map to the dome and as "change" he gives her the Nei Claw. The Nei Claw is an ancient relic which has been passed down his family for generations, datin gback to a time when a blue-haired young man came to the town to save it from monsters.»

It's interesting. When I read this passage, I thought of the blue haired man being Rolf, because of his connection with Nei and the Nei weapons. I really should have thought of Lutz instead, since I know he was on Motavia too.

I believe Nei claw is actualy silver fang or silver tusk, but, in any case, after Nei3rd death Lutz could have gave the silver tusk back to Myau for it/her to keep until the arrive of the choosen protector (Rika).

In this case, Lutz would have to be Rune. This Nei knew Rudy/Chaz, so Rune would have had to get the silver tusk and take it to Myau not very long before PSIV, right?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby newsblade » Thu Jan 10, '08, 12:15 am

That's right! And maybe that could be part of his "esper trial" (if they have one). We almost can make a game just with Rune's story (with Alys... and Dorin included).
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star IV