My Sonic Colors 1st Impression (the DS version at least)

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

My Sonic Colors 1st Impression (the DS version at least)

Postby MrKite » Thu Nov 18, '10, 6:33 am

Well I got the game today with my free Sonic hat, which is in the shape of Sonic's head hair or whatever. This game is so much fun! It's perhaps the best Sonic game I've played on the DS by far. And the music is the best I've heard in a Sonic game since Sonic Heroes. The boost feature is really fun to use when necessary. The "Missions" however are a pain in the neck. Take note that the missions are side quests in each of the acts. That's my only complaint so far. Other than that, great, fun game.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: My Sonic Colors 1st Impression (the DS version at least)

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Nov 20, '10, 12:45 am

I've actually played the demo on the Nintendo Channel. It's pretty fun from what I've seen so far, and it actually looks like it could easily be called Sonic Rush 3. Anyway I have plans to get the Wii version very soon, so I'll have to tell you guys what I think of that.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby xellos667 » Sat Nov 20, '10, 1:26 pm

I loved Sonic Rush 1 & 2, and from what I've seen, it really does like Sonic Rush 3. I may buy it tomorrow. I need to buy Donkey Kong Country Return for my girlfriend anyway since she keeps asking me about it. So since she will be monopolizing the Wii for a while, might as well get a DS plateformer
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Nov 21, '10, 5:01 pm

I just realized something: I don't know about everyone else but I wish Sega also released Colors for PS3/360. Since the gameplay is similar to Unleashed, and I preferred the PS3/360 version of that (minus the Werehog), I would've loved it if Sega actually did release Sonic Colors for those 2 consoles as well. Just a random thought, that's all :D
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby xellos667 » Tue Nov 23, '10, 2:58 pm

While the Unleashed HD version is indeed better (having played both), I think overall, the Wii version received, weirdly enough, more positive feedback (maybe because the fanbase is bigger there). If I would have to guess, I would think that this is the reason why it's a Nintendo exlcusive. Sonic fanboy/girl are just bigger and more civil on Nintendo console.

Best exemple would be to look at Gamefaqs forum for Sonic 4 when it was released. PS3/360 were like hell! While the Wii was pretty good. It's just pure speculation, but I predict that in the coming years, SOnic will become an "almost" Nintendo exzlcusive.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Jan 21, '11, 5:29 am

I bought the Wii version a few weeks ago. It's absolutely awesome for the most part, even though I haven't been playing it much: I only got to the first act of Starlight Carnival, which is completely EPIC btw. My only complaints so far are the voices (thankfully you can sworn between the English and Japanese voices) and the controls take some getting used to (for me anyway).
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Return to General Gaming